ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Censorship, Political Correctness, Free speech
What do you guys think about the recent trends in hardcore censorship on social media platforms such as youtube, facebook etc?

What I think is that in our current social climate we have free speech to the extent what is deemed socially acceptable, not even harmful but socially acceptable. This forces people to conform into the general societies beliefs or makes them hide their opinions on things. Now, has society as a whole ever been wrong about things? *cough* Sun revolving around earth *cough* so we as a society could be wrong on so many levels but we wont even notice because the people who question things or have different opinions get shut down, made fun of, discredited etc and the fact that many people just go along with it and don't question things means that they can be easily controlled by marketers that brainwash their target market in their own favour and not neccesarily looking at the target markets well being to create a Win - Win for both parties. E.g. the I'll be happy when mentality.

I went full Albert Einstein up in this B*tch, what are your views on this? I ain't saying im a 100% right so i'm open to new views
print("Hello, World!")
Freedom of speech is an intrinsic good, I'd rather not live under a tyrannical system of any kind. However, those who've benefited most from freedom of speech do have a great seductive urge to shut down any dissent, and I'm under no pretense over there never being need for any bloodshed or show of force in order to maintain this right. Rather than rights being understood as God given, in order to remind the average person that all power is fundamentally one of physical violence, all rights that can't be maintained by the might of arms is impotent.

Modern men are godless materialists for the most part. Whatever little sense of moral compassion or sense of righteousness has been co-opted it into some malevolent and ugly. The ugliness isn't even at it's peak yet and I can't really look without also starting to plan my suicide.
Censorship has gone on full force ever since the Capitol incident. Many accounts have been banned on many social media. An example is Donald trump, who was accused of inciting violence in the Capitol incident (despite that there are thousands of accounts that justified the riots, looting and murder commited by blm, antifa and other violent left wing groups). Alternative technology is currently facing a crisis of big tech censoring them. Parler was removed on the Google play store and apple for "allowing alt-right extremist on their platform".

For free speech, it has arguments on both sides. Some believe that the right to express yourself freely without the fear of censorship, persecution or any sort of punishment. Others believe that not all speech should grant people immunity from punishment if it incites hate speech, fear, etc and justify deplatforming them.

Freedom of speech should be a right for everyone. People shouldn't be ostracised from society because they hold a different opinion that they don't like. If you don't like what someone is saying, feel free to debate it out. But don't partake in any action to limit their right to express themselves.
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
Originally Posted by basic View Post
last be honest, they bannede trump bc they couldent handle there truth

all the soyboy's on twitter were rejoicing when twitter banned trump for spitting facts.Trump got robbed in the election. That's all I'm gonna say.
Last edited by Vertex; Jan 17, 2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: idk lol
Originally Posted by Vertex View Post
all the soyboy's on twitter were rejoicing when twitter banned trump for spitting facts.Trump got robbed in the election. That's all I'm gonna say.

u deserve "censorship"
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
u deserve "censorship"

sounds like you don't agree with what I've just said.
----
feel free to provide a reason as to why I should have my right to free speech revoked.
Last edited by Vertex; Jan 17, 2021 at 09:12 PM.