Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Mirror's edge drain escape (Parkour)
Here's a new parkour mod I've been working on over the weekend. : Mirrors_edge_drain_escape
(I know I said somewhere in my previous thread that I wanted my parkour mod to have SOME kind of storyline, let's consider this a filler)

This mod is inspired from the checkpoint D of the second chapter of the game Mirror's edge. That might not mean much to some people, so here's a picture :

Drain

(I highly recommend playing this game if you haven't yet, it's a great an unique experience. I redownloaded it while working on this mod and it felt just awesome. (steam, *cough* pirate))

I really wanted to make a mod as breathtaking as this level, unfortunately toribash limitations hit hard.

However, I am still very happy with the results. I managed to stick to a good amount of Mirror's edge's gameplay :
  • Different obstacles between the platforms (Pipes, a lift, the "launch" boxes and, more importantly, the moving crane).
  • Red objects indicating the path to take (They're also grabable).
  • The ability to "refocus" on your objective (press 3). useless but me likey

Warning though, this mod is HARD, and only suited for single player.

Screenshots (big)

Extra bits of information :
  • The water at the bottom dq's, and the top red door triggers a win.
  • The button is a bit rusty, please push it hard.
  • Don't forget the red parts are grabable !
  • This mod looks great with the shader "Angel Ground" (If it doesn't autoload), or the rain atmo.
  • If you're wondering whether or not you pushed the button hard enough, check the blue piece behind the wall. If it moved out, you pushed it hard enough. Otherwize, gotta keep pushing !

I am very excited to release this mod, and impatient to see your comments and possible replays !

---------

I'd like to thank Joon4sp, Nullspook, HawkeyeTFA, and Blade for their early CnC, and give a HUGE shoutout to Hannw for running this mod almost to its entirety (before the crane glitched the fuck out). Check out his replay in the attachments below, as well as the version he made it on. Seriously. Watch his replay and give him some love, please. <3

DO NOT TAKE THIS VERSION AS THE MAIN ONE !! VV The crane doesn't work properly in this earlier wip version !!
Attached Files
MEDrainbuttonfix2.tbm (28.2 KB, 217 views)
#Mirror's3.rpl (1.94 MB, 127 views)
Last edited by DashSora; Jun 20, 2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Button tips
This is absolutely mind-blowing
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
As always, you're still amazing me.

Your work is truly beautiful, and you get better and better, keep going.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Nice, you captured the enviroment nicely. It might be a bit hard but it does look like its worth the effor

Gj
<Xioi> Become one with the bleach
Steam
This looks really difficult, but I am beyond hyped to try it out. Great job on it, keep making amazing mods! Also, I'm getting more of a "Dying Light" vibe over mirrors edge, but it's your mod so you can call it whatever you want.
Last edited by Icarus; Apr 13, 2016 at 12:50 AM.
Bring On The Thunder!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, shoving a tube down your dick is absolutely preferable to getting up to pee ~Risk 2K16
It's an awesome mod, it really brings back memories from when I was playing Mirror's Edge and I gotta say, it was quite a challenge.
I'm glad I was able to help you out and I can't wait to see what other incredible mods you'll make in the future
If thou gaze long into the abyss,
the abyss will also gaze into thee.