ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Reward for referring new people
I'd like to propose a small reward to anyone who refers someone to Toribash, like 5,000 tc or a shiai token or something. There would have to be some sort of limit to this though, like you can only qualify for the reward if the person you refer has gotten to Black Belt, or 2nd Dan. Perhaps even the reward could stack, so the more people you refer the bigger the reward you get?

I think this could greatly improve the exposure of this game, and bring in more people.

Opinions?
People can constantly make new accounts and level them up and get easy money :l but it could be like a 100tc reward or something :P
but still ~Not supported
Junk, fuck
china would exploit this and change their prisoners over from farming WoW gold to training tb accounts.

but srs, no. This is like the birthday present idea. What's going to stop me from making 20 alts everyday, playing 10 hours on qa against myself, ranking those up to black within 10days, bam instant profit.
Assuming you don't get banned for mcing in official servers sounds good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Not supported~ Most people quit tb before blue belt what makes you think they'll stick around for black belt?
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
I doubt anyone is going to play 1000 games just for 5000tc, it's not really easy money. Although the bad side is people can always just claim they invited so and so to play.
-not supported
Originally Posted by thebaddas View Post
Not supported~ Most people quit tb before blue belt what makes you think they'll stick around for black belt?

The whole black belt thing is there to make it harder to farm, and to get good members who will stick around to play the game and contribute. Honestly, you could probably earn 5k tc by playing on your current account just as fast as you could playing on an alternate account.

Originally Posted by Truth View Post
I doubt anyone is going to play 1000 games just for 5000tc, it's not really easy money. Although the bad side is people can always just claim they invited so and so to play.
-not supported

Keep in mind that the 5k tc and the black belt limit are not set in stone, and do not let those numbers detract from the suggestion itself. Also keep in mind that the referrer will get the money, and not the newbie. The newbie would indicate who referred them when they signed up for the account, if anyone.

For example: Once you signed up for your account, it would present you with a text box asking if anyone referred you to the game. They could leave that blank and just play the game as they want, or enter the username of the person who referred them. If they do the latter, a message could pop up saying "Make it to black belt to give your referer a reward!" or something along those lines.
so what if i make a new account then just go spam tourneys and stuff and when i hit black belt at that time i made my daily tc plus the 5k

i get your point but no
not supported

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
We had a referral system, well actually we had a pair. Both are dead now, partly because the various server moves broke them, and partly because it was incredibly farmable.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Because alt farming wasn't bad enough as is? Unsupported.
-----
Maybe max 10 and it goes from 500 from first guy then 5k with last and must have different IPs and they have to all hit black belt? That'd make it at least a decent acceptable idea.
Last edited by Merc; Oct 9, 2014 at 01:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |