Ranking
Original Post
Rent System
Some items are so expensive and its impossible to buy them for some players. So I think that if there would be a rent system for shop and also for users it would be better for users and also some of tc could sink in shop.Coding this maybe hard but only thing we need is Rented Item menu and SafeRent menu.

--------'-'
It will work like that; you will rent the item you want for one month. I mean you will pay first than you will be able to use.. If you have tc you can buy. If you dont you cant buy. And item will disappear when times up. For user rents item will be back to its owner. And trading wont be possible for rented items.
Last edited by IBlackleon; Feb 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: update
Leon The Black
i just dont see the point in it. It would be a better invesmant just buying the iem then renting it over and over and over depending on how expensive it is. But i suppose it would help sink TC if you could only rent from the shop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I think it would be good especially as a way to sink tc but the prices have to be set just so, so it's better to buy the items if you can afford them
Fukin' stupid. There is a reason why the prices on items are so high. Everybody isn't supposed to be able to get them. If you really wanted an item and you can't afford it you really wouldn't want to spend such a large sum to have it for a month and it just disappear. I can't see anything wrong with the system as it is now.

+ wanting items keeps users motivated.
Last edited by IceColor; Feb 6, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
Fukin spice and wolf
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
It's actually a great idea.
Most people can't afford to buy items, so therefore, renting it for a month would be a great option.
All of the people disagreeing are just being difficult.

What cat said also.

!Supported.

what if you rent it 1 month runs out then you rent it again.(endless oop et)

not supported
This would be way too much trouble to implement and the outcome wouldn't be great. People could rent the same item every week (if the expire date is a week) and basically have it for free or a lowered price (as stated by -Demon).
Also if you can't afford something, why not just try to make tc or buy it with usd?
I think it is more satisfying to make enough tc for an item you really wanted and then being able to buy it.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by -Demon View Post
what if you rent it 1 month runs out then you rent it again.(endless oop et)

not supported

No idea what you're trying to say but you sound like an idiot.
Renting something out twice would just double the TC sink.
Renting something out forever would just sink so much fucking TC it would be unbelievable.
father of philip scone
Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
This would be way too much trouble to implement and the outcome wouldn't be great. People could rent the same item every week (if the expire date is a week) and basically have it for free or a lowered price (as stated by -Demon).
Also if you can't afford something, why not just try to make tc or buy it with usd?
I think it is more satisfying to make enough tc for an item you really wanted and then being able to buy it.

Yes it would be more satisfying to buy it but if you have to work to be able to get the tc to rent an item and tc is sunk by doing so then it is ssuccessful, also if the rent price is say, a third of the buying price it would mean it was better to buy but people would save up for a long time, realise they would take a year to get the tc to buy an item and just rent, sinking their tc
Ok, not sure whether what I am saying is good or bad for the suggestion, I just want to help this idea in any way I can because it could be genuinely game changing (well, items don't really affect the game much but at least market changing.

If prices were really low the people would buy so many items permanently. This might mean less items on the market because tc isn't being spent on marketable goods but I am not an economist so I don't know.

I feel like perhaps people should only be able to rent from the shop since marketeers would master renting and take all the tc earners/makers (peeps you win tourneys or win in public servers to make new tc rather than just giving it to other players in duels bets or trades) and perhaps increase the rich poor divide in Toribash. The reason this matters is because the rich tend to know that buying from players is cheaper than the shop (tc->shop=tc sunk) so their tc doesn't usually get sunk (I think, again I am not a marketeer). The poor have to get money the hard way since they have less items to market or sell (especially if they rent items rather than buying) and less tc to duel or bet. The poor tend to make tc slowly or to buy it and they also tend to buy from the shop, if the shop was more accessible in terms of price because of renting items this might be even truer.

Basically I think that this is a good way to take tc while not having to give the community anything in return (as in an item to market or sell) and should be reserved for the shop rather than being an option for players who would start to rent out for extremely low prices preventing renting from the shop and the subsequent tc sink.

Does that make sense?
Good morning sweet princess
I agree with Donkey. I haven't been able to get textures for the longest time because I had to depend on purely skill and luck in bets and tourneys which are the only way to get money in the game without paying. It would make it much easier to have a rent system instead of try and gather up all the money you earn for one huge 40k payment for texture items. The thing is, people can't gather up 40k or 100k for a single item. Instead, they could pay little amounts each month until the buying price is made. It's much easier on the buyer.
Supported!!!
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15