Toribash
Original Post
Replays
My idea is a too add a section in the title bar a "Replay Section."

Now I understand their already is a section with a list of your replays and some famous ones, but I want too be able too see other peoples amazing replays. Pretty much it is an idea too post replays on the game. The person who posted their replay can see how many people have seen it or liked it.

The way I think it should be sectioned off is
  • Most popular
  • Newest Replays
  • Oldest Replays

Also we could add a "Liking" system where you can favorite or write comments on replays. I understand this is how the forums could be used but you cant see all of the toribash players replays.

This idea would help new players. If the newer toribash generation seeked too get fame off of their 'awesome' replays they made, then simply upload it too a worldwide area of replays.

I am not a big "Replay Maker" but if this was added I would be interested in replay making.

Sooooooo yeah, give your thoughts.
It would kinda be a load of memory wast dont ya think?
But at the same time i think its cool to have this feature

~Maybe Supported~
Yeah you have a point, but other social media systems gave me this idea such as tumbler where you can favorite other peoples posts.
mmmm

I kinda like the idea, but we have to make sure nobody spams replays onto the system. Plus, you'd have to have a specific button that says "Upload to Server" or something, so that not ALL your replays get saved onto the thinggy-majig.

I'm meh.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
That would be if people do spam replays, I doubt GMs wanna approve hundreds of replays these new players submit. Just make it where you can only post that certain replay once maybe...
Originally Posted by EnTrance View Post
It would kinda be a load of memory wast dont ya think?
But at the same time i think its cool to have this feature

~Maybe Supported~

Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
mmmm

I kinda like the idea, but we have to make sure nobody spams replays onto the system. Plus, you'd have to have a specific button that says "Upload to Server" or something, so that not ALL your replays get saved onto the thinggy-majig.

I'm meh.

There is already a replay section isn't there? I mean adding a few more links onto that site wouldn't be that hard would it? I like this idea, with more classifications this would be great.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
There is already a replay section isn't there? I mean adding a few more links onto that site wouldn't be that hard would it? I like this idea, with more classifications this would be great.

I think they are talking about the title screen ingame, not here on the toribash website.

Although perhaps giving replay making more publicity and making viewing and uploading replays easier is something this game would benefit a lot from, I don't think there needs to be an online replay browser ingame. Although I like the idea of likes and dislikes for the existing replay system, I don't think your idea of an ingame network would be worth the effort to program it...
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I think they are talking about the title screen ingame, not here on the website

Even so can the replays be uploaded individually on the website, then instead of just having the replays on the client can we have them online? Sorta like clicking a download link
Sorry if worded incorrectly, on mobile
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I think they are talking about the title screen ingame, not here on the toribash website.

Although perhaps giving replay making more publicity and making viewing and uploading replays easier is something this game would benefit a lot from, I don't think there needs to be an online replay browser ingame. Although I like the idea of likes and dislikes for the existing replay system, I don't think your idea of an ingame network would be worth the effort to program it...

But most new players don't put the effort too go on the forums and post replays, I believe you can get a lot of feedback with this "Replay Advancement" from newer players. The ability too get fame of some sort on the replays can reel in the players to become forum addicts. And they will be good at making replays, good talent.
I guess it might help incentivise newbies to keep working at the game instead of abandoning hope of success when it gets too hard. This is economically important because the game generates income only from people who grow to love it enough to spend money on it or just donate TC to humpa, if loads of people join but then give up then I am pretty sure this doesn't help keep the checks rolling etc. so perhaps this should be more of a priority than I gave it credit for. The preinstalled replays are fine for impressing people, but when learning toribash I found them more intimidating than anything, they made me feel terrible a toribash, I will probably never be at the level of those replays so they don't really incentivise me to get gud. If you could just as easily view people closer to your skill level then you could see the growth of others as replay makers and feel less shit at the game.

I hope I didn't go into too much detail, suggestions is a place of fantasy and I get carried away by such fantasies.
Good morning sweet princess