Ranking
Original Post
written text still saved after auto-logout
No I don't hope you know this problem right here.
Imagine working for a decent response to a thread which takes even more time when you are not that good at english

You already finished your "essay" and want to reply but BAM:

"You do not have permission for this action, please refresh the page and try again".

SO I just got logged out probably for safety reasons BUT
when I relog then, my written text is all gone!!!

of course I could save it by simple copying it and then paste it after I logged me back in.. But man... we all know that copying something not always works well(when I want to paste the text and realize there is nothing copyied), I cannot copy it again because the text is gone.

This is where the solution comes in, when you think your text is completely missed after the relog, you scroll down to the quick response field and it should be displayed there still.
Last edited by Smaiva; Dec 21, 2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: details
Enjoint life
in some forums i have seen something like an auto save,
perhaps something similar could be implemented?

i have the same issue as you smaiva,as english is not my first language,so at times
i might stop typing trying to think how to continue my thought,although i never
had the issue you just described

http://www.localsearchforum.com/foru...ng-thread.html

something like that?
if i got it right,its a vbulletin feature called Restore Auto-saved content,perhaps we already have it but its disabled?
Last edited by nikosefs; Dec 21, 2016 at 02:19 PM.
yeah especially when I stop typing I think and translate some words.

Your Link contains the element that I used for causing the problem: "Post Quick Reply".

After clicking on it there appears a message like this:
"You do not have permission for this action, please refresh the page and try again".

When you refresh the page right here you are getting logged out, and all the written text is gone..
Enjoint life
and the solution is also there,in the bottom left corner
should be the restore auto saved content:

i guess we just have to enable it in our forum too.
i just did a test to see how much it could help,
i checked a forum that uses the feature and i have an account,
it still had a message stored from months ago that i never did
post after all,so surely it can be helpful.
"I dont know how to copy/paste correctly so you should use up your internet cache storing my unposted message". Horrible idea, even if you stored it for shorter than "months"

I thought autosaved content was saved as cookies, but I'm not entirely sure. Even if it was saved on the servers, it shouldn't be too heavy on the band-width or the servers at all. Imagine you posted that post instead of autosaving it. Bam, saved forever. It shouldn't make a difference.

For the autosave function, you'd need a newer post editor, which to be honest, would be far from a bad idea. This thing we're using right now is REALLY old.
Last edited by Slau; Jan 18, 2017 at 09:51 PM.
Originally Posted by Kore View Post
"I dont know how to copy/paste correctly so you should use up your internet cache storing my unposted message". Horrible idea, even if you stored it for shorter than "months"

why is it such a horrible idea?

it doesn't help with copy pasting,it helps if you had written a long post
and for some reason(like electricity failure?)your computer closes and you
lose what you had just written (again original content,no copy paste to do)

and since its doable in the vbulletin that we use,its not going to
be hard to do it code wise
Last edited by nikosefs; Jan 19, 2017 at 05:47 PM.