Ranking
Original Post
Maximum Points Possible?
I've seen people writing on other boards and YouTube about how they've scored 7mil, 1bil, etc.

I've been wondering what the maximum amount of points possible is in Toribash.
Recently, I've scored about 3 billion points from a 2_katana_joust (or something like that) match online, but some people have claimed they scored 7 billion. Is it possible to score a trillion points?
Also, when I was still in the match (last 20 frames, waiting for the spacebar), it said I had negative points. Do point calculations differ during gameplay and replays?

Oh, and I'm new here too.
Last edited by GuardianDuo; Oct 25, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
When you get enough points you will go in negative numbers, so i don't think there is a limit.
It's not negative numbers.

It's more akin to this. Say Toribash can only display 5 numbers in the score. And you now have 99999 points. If you so much as do one point of damage it is still counting your score but it cannot show the rest of the number so it hints that there is more points by using the hyphen to indicate that there is more. so it would show -00000 if you got one more point because there is a 1 before all the zeros, but it can't show it.

And in theory, if you could do the damage fast enough, you could reach any number before the joint limit is hit or the size limit is hit.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
What your saying maybe correct, but you got something wrong, within the mishap of the 5 numbers being greater than 99999 would not hence the hyphen because i seen it go beyond 99999 without the hyphen appearing, but im sure the rest you said is a great possibilty

and btw i dont know if i used those words rights lol i just wanted to sound smart :P but i can do that without all the fancy words lol
FUCKIN LEAVE! I WANT IT. BANLAZOR!!!!
Originally Posted by jhucks2235 View Post
What your saying maybe correct, but you got something wrong, within the mishap of the 5 numbers being greater than 99999 would not hence the hyphen because i seen it go beyond 99999 without the hyphen appearing, but im sure the rest you said is a great possibilty

and btw i dont know if i used those words rights lol i just wanted to sound smart :P but i can do that without all the fancy words lol

I was just giving a hypothetical number. I know it's not 5 I've gotten into the billions without mods, just glitches.
Toribash uses 32-bit integers to store the score. When it goes over the maximum possible positive value, it loops over to negative values.
It doesn't mean you're winning, though. It considers them as negative values.

The highest positive value a 32-bit integer can store is +2,147,483,647.

Anything above that number, you loop to the lowest possible value, being −2,147,483,648.
Originally Posted by Jalis View Post
Toribash uses 32-bit integers to store the score. When it goes over the maximum possible positive value, it loops over to negative values.
It doesn't mean you're winning, though. It considers them as negative values.

Anything above that number, you loop to the lowest possible value, being −2,147,483,648.

That makes much more sense than my theory. You're probably right.

hmm.. idk this goes passed that.
Attached Files
7billionpoints.rpl (63.6 KB, 21 views)
/set gr 0 0 -30
Originally Posted by DoubleDagR View Post
hmm.. idk this goes passed that.

Hmm... by using 10 seconds to change the leg movement, I have surpassed 8 billion with your replay.
It might not work if you don't have the original, unedited one. My original 3-billion katana stab doesn't work because I tried to rename it by pressing F and saving it again when I was watching it. Then I deleted the original, and now it's broken.
Last edited by GuardianDuo; Oct 25, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Yeah I know.. it goes higher.. I just got 23 bil by editing it.. I've gotten a lot more than 10 billion before though I just don't normally save the replays cause they're ugly.
Last edited by DoubleDagR; Jul 22, 2009 at 05:22 AM.
/set gr 0 0 -30