Toribash
In my opinion Toribash should be set to 30 gravity default, it mimics real life and would make for more imrpessive replays (IMHO - don't flame).

Bmanfoley: So 9.82 is real life gravity, but it's just the characters are supposed to weigh less than an average human? Didn't know that, I must say. Does anyone know how much they are supposed to weigh?
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Mmm, i quote marcoyeh, we in the real we can t fly in the air, i think the real gravity is 20-30, not 9.82.
Click here, you'll recieve a cookie
[17:41] <@pusga> i want to cum inside dave
Real gravity is 9.82, its just that the Toris are lighter and have more strength.
Originally Posted by Fyerrblad View Post
g = G x (mEarth/d²) = 9.81
Look out what are the units of all of these things, you should understand.

doesnt that answer it all?

then hampa rounded to 9.82
Want 1k event for doing something easy? check it http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=129460
Originally Posted by BlueSaint View Post

There is over 26 MILLION games played so far in toribash. that little hundreth would have changed sooooo much, maybe over 200 games the winner would have changed.

Hardly a "little hundredth". Using some simple physics you can find out how much of a difference it will make;

After 500 Frames/5 seconds, comparing 9.82 gravity to 9.81 without the floor being in the way, uke and tori would've moved down an extra 0.25 meters.

After 1000 frames/10 seconds, 9.82 would have an extra meter over 9.81

And... just for fun;

After 2000 frames/20 seconds, 9.82 would have an extra four meters over 9.81

@Fee, Mass doesn't matter. All objects move at the same speed regardless of weight - disregarding air resistance, of course - this is pretty simple to explain;

The more mass an object has, the more gravitational force is applied to the object. This is why it's harder to carry more grocieries (you need to apply more force against the force coming down against you). If you have an object b ten times the mass of an object a, then object b will have ten times the force being applied to it. But, because object b has ten times the mass, it's ten times harder to move, meaning the two tens basically cancel each other out, which means object b accelerates at the same rate as object a.

Or, for a more mathematical proof; gravitational acceleration is proportional to force and mass.
EDIT:
Oh nvm you mean it's easier to push them xd
Last edited by Deprived_OLD; Oct 9, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Real gravity is 9.82, its just that the Toris are lighter and have more strength.

I didn't know it was that complex, I'm impressed! Hampa sure did do his homework it seems.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by bmanfoley View Post
Earth's gravity is 9.81 meters per second. The toribash characters are much lighter and have much more strength than humans to push them off the ground.

^This.

I assume it is 9.82 as the last digit is even, and therefore shouldn't produce as many decimal places as 9.81 would or something :P
:D
Yeah, that makes sense. Marco Toribash I assume will have a fairly advanced physics engine behind it.
Originally Posted by Marcoyeh View Post
In my opinion Toribash should be set to 30 gravity default, it mimics real life and would make for more imrpessive replays (IMHO - don't flame).

Bmanfoley: So 9.82 is real life gravity, but it's just the characters are supposed to weigh less than an average human? Didn't know that, I must say. Does anyone know how much they are supposed to weigh?

That would make fighting relaxed significantly harder. Nah I think gravity is fine the way it is.
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits