Ranking
Let's be a bit harsh but honest.

It is a year 2013. 2013!
And game interface still looks like something made for textual adventure geeks! I mean, just look at it! To execute commands you have to type them like you are doing some coding, for god's sake! Who thought that was a good idea? Who kept that as an interface for fucking (when was TB released? 2006?), for FUCKING 7 YEARS!
Let me repeat that: for fucking 7 years we have a game interface that looks like it's made for users with Linux knowledge, but the game itself is not compatible with Linux itself! Oh, this is precious....

Hello, wake up already?

Even for an indie team this is something to be ashamed-off after 7 years of development.

Just open the settings for adjusting a mod. Let's, for instance, load a wushu mod and want to put a ring. How do you do it? Tell me, imagine that I've just installed a game and I want to put a ring, I'm on the settings screen and all I can see is some puzzling gibberish. NOTHING IS EXPLAINED WHAT IT IS! There is no pop-up screen when I hover with mouse above the setting, NOTHING! If I want to add oval ring I have to type numbers and hope it will be oval. Was it that hard to add option to click OVAL RING or SQUARE RING? Seriously?
Interface is not user friendly it's USER SCARY. After 7 years of development it's still USER SCARY.

Above that, chat system is so retro and limited that it should be called BBS system from 80es. For those who knows what BBS is, and Hampa sure do, it seams, because he is still stuck in those years, for those who knows how it looked and felt they probably enjoy it.
Sorry, but I saw better and can surely say that TB chat is the worst example of chat in the year 2013!

Everything about Toribash is clumsy and unfinished. Ok, it's still in development for that 'unfinished' stuff, but all those things that are done to complicate life of a regular player, what to say about them? Nothing in Toribash interface is plain and simple. Nothing.

I won't even try to comment game engine... Simple 3D objects with textures are fighting in the mixture of turn based-real time environment with few special effects, and still my computer that is 'eating for breakfast CryEngine 3' is dying while these simple 'puppets' move in almost empty space.
Wtf? Seriously, WTF?
I've played un-optimized Russian games with more complex environment that still had better FPS then Toribash. I mean, what kind of computer I have to buy? Deep Blue?

I'll post soon my vision of plain, simple and above all: USER FRIENDLY game interface, but I know it will be just for us few to dream about it.
Toribash is a game under tutelage of a men without vision. Or without proper knowledge of coding and programming skills. One of these two for sure.

You can't defend by stating that the game is free so it should look like shit. Not anymore... Not after FUCKING 7 YEARS!
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 15, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
4-Custom Points system.
the force required to score points would be an alterable value, similar to the way dismemberment and fractures are alterable.
so basicly you can set up value of score threashold for all bodyparts, let's say 5k is one point, couped with previous system we can have perfect boxing mod where only hits to head or torso with hands will cause damage, and it would not random, since you had to put enough force into to get points, while touching and random colliding would not count.
this will also allow to make very competative mods like taekwondo similar to real life concept. and lots of new interesting variations, and exclude random score

an alternative for this is trigger system with custom points,
will be really useful for objects.

It can be actually a modding feature with two new trigger actions(trig_action 3 for tori or 4 for uke)
and a new command (trig_point #any value for points)

With this two new features we can mod body points, and add object points on hits.
Last edited by dengue; Mar 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Ok, so, here in this spoiler is a huge image of Toribash game interface (the way i imagine it) that would be really cool to have. I understand that we will never have something like that due to the fact that the game itself is kinda abandoned, but, maybe, just maybe, some ideas seen here will find some way to some future versions and updates.

Toribash 8.5 interface mockup image

Now some explanations:

1. Game window and auxiliary windows

Idea is that the main game window is now cleaned from all those info texts and you have that in separated windows that can be attached to main game window or detached, just like in WinAmp.
These auxiliary windows are interactive and consist of: Server Chat window and Player List Window

Server chat enables you to chat across all serves, to people in any room, you can add favorites in the upper part of the screen, you open new chat tabs just by double-clicking on the server/room name, or you start whisper chat just by double-clicking on the players name.

Main Game screen still has an old chat, for those quick messages, but server chat system is the main thing for socialization used while you wait in the line for your match or just as some form of game IRC.

2. Pop-up banners in the main game screen

If you look at the right lower corner of the main screen you will see a pop-up banner with notice about the GM tourney that will start soon. These are, basically, globals, but now they serve as quick link to hosted tourneys.

There is also a VS pop-up banner that spawn in same place as that one, but it only shows during the replay after the finished match, showing icon of the next player in line VS the winner of the last game. It shows default tori and uke images unless you buy the icon texture in the shop, its 100x100 pix, png or gif image, and it's basically new potential item. But, about that, later...

Anyway, pop-up banners/globals minimize themselves after 30 sec, or you can minimize them or close if you wish by yourself.

3. Player List and further player info

Player list is now detached from main game window (or it can be attached, as you wish) and it shows some info about the room itself and players inside it. You have standard controls on the right mouse click like: mute, give admin, kick, etc.. But, now, it has some more option like: private chat, info (shown in the window under it), invite (for sending players clan invite directly from the game, reward (for giving that person an item or TC directly in-game. Some of these controls are available only for admins, mods and clan leaders...
Also, if you are room admin, to push someone up or down you just drag and drop his name up, or down, easy.

So, that would be a general idea. Also, little tori icons now graphically show which belt you have, there is info about your daily earnings, wins, etc...
-----
Also, I forgot to add, the Server Chat window is also a room pick window that we have when we click on multiplayer, so you can chat and choose room's to play TB with it.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 19, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I will be adding them right. Great work Bojan. added to memberlist

Also, I'm glad to see we had some minimal effect since server listing functions were added.
Last edited by William; Mar 23, 2013 at 08:53 AM.
Your messed up world enthrills me
The thing u said bout replay continuation can be done by pressing 'E' in b/w replays.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
Originally Posted by magicfire1998 View Post
The thing u said bout replay continuation can be done by pressing 'E' in b/w replays.

did you read it correctly?.. we were talking about MP. nice attention span
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Username: ElectricBlue
Suggestions+ critique: I believe that the game is a bit too simple. I think it needs different 3D environments and worlds to make viewing a match or playing a match more interesting and interactive. As of right now, the game looks very bland and I think that's what turns people away. Shaders are nice, but not very advanced looking. They need more detail. 3D worlds instead of shaders would look better.
Art credentials(if any): Avatars and signatures mainly.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
atmospheres you mean? good idea
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Yeah like an atmosphere. Sort of like the mods that add different locations etc.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Yeah atmospheres would definitely give "bland" mods some added fun!And, since their is no interaction, they wouldn't cause much lag at all!(probably)
Your messed up world enthrills me