Ranking
Original Post
German Bundesliga
Now with Germany being one of the few countries to start bringing down the number of active Coronavirus cases, the German Bundesliga are trying to aim to resume games on May 5th, but with strict guidance and precaution, here's the link about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-return-9.html

Do you think it's a good idea for the league to resume play? Will it backfire or will it work? If the Bundesliga successfully brings back live football in the country will it give hope for leagues like La Liga. Premier League, Serie A, etc, to revive football in their country? (with guidance and precaution obviously) Give me your opinions guys on what you think.
Last edited by soccerblue; Apr 27, 2020 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Grammar
I hold a high level of optimism for the German FA and I am sure that they will do a fine job with maintaining order once/if domestic play resumes. The Bundesligas are one of the few leagues in the world where clubs and their fans maintain majority ownership of themselves and while this action may appear to be a cash-grab opportunity, it's less so of a money-driven venture and more of a stimulus to the morality of the people. The Bundesliga did a good job at the start of the pandemic by being one of the first leagues to play behind closed doors. And I'm sure that they'll assess potential cases and spread seriously and effectively. Also, I may be incorrect in this evaluation, but from what I understand, the Bundesliga also appears to have predominantly domestic players as the roster make-up of their clubs, so there's a reduced chance of spread in that regard.

I just pray UEFA stays in their fucking lane and don't try to resume UEL/UCL. It's their fault that there was an explosion of cases in Italy and Spain by keeping doors open prior to ending matches. Especially the UEL matchup between Atalanta and Valencia.

I think domestic leagues should cautiously resume, and I'm sure they will depending on how the situation in Germany pans out. But it may be too soon for international play.
I have faith that it can bring one step forward on bringing back football. And you're right with most players being from Germany giving the Bundesliga a big advantage on opening earlier than most leagues.

"It's their fault that there was an explosion of cases in Italy and Spain by keeping doors open prior to ending matches. Especially the UEL matchup between Atalanta and Valencia."
Atalanta v Valencia was played behind closed doors and was a UCL knockout game, it was the Athletico v Liverpool that caused the explosion in cases, but I agree with you in UEFA's form of handling the coronavirus at such a late time.
In my honest opinion if the Bundesliga can successfully do it then the other leagues can start planning on how to resume playing with precaution.