Toribash
Original Post
"Did you know" And beginner tips
Why aren't there beginner tips and funky facts about the game and the community being displayed ingame?

What I'm thinking is having a thin section of the ingame screen (particularly in multiplayer) display fun facts and beginner tips. These tips can help refer new players to the forum and let them explore the deeper parts of the community.

Examples:

"Hector was awarded his own unique relax for being the first player ever to obtain all items."

"The forums are a great place to trade items, discuss strategies and showcase replays!"

"You can use the in-built modmaker to create and customize your own mods!"

"On the replay forums you can compete for large ammounts of Toricredits by beating in-game records!"

I don't see the negative implications of this and it should be really easy to implement.

Thoughts?
Loading times are quick enough that this wouldn't be necessary. However it would be nice to have some self advertisement in the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
This is a brilliant idea and each update we could hold a poll on what to add and a suggestion thread for the tips
The downside is that you would need to have a "screen" or place to put them that they stay up long enough for the player to see them. Although i think that having it show up on/under the title screen (like what minecraft does with its title messages) and the game randomly chooses a new one out of a list to display every time the home screen is accessed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Loading times are quick enough that this wouldn't be necessary. However it would be nice to have some self advertisement in the game.

I'm not talking about loading inbetween hitting the "connect" button and appearing in the server as I've never experienced that.

I mean when you are actually in the server waiting for your turn to play.
I like the idea of doing it similairly to what Minecraft has but I don't see a place for it in the current menu.
I think it would be kind of annoying and obstructing to have it in a server, but maybe on the multiplayer serverlist. I think it could add some spicy flavours to the quite bland serverlist, maybe even add those quotes to the forum somewhere. I think this is a really good idea! )
I agree with this exponentially. This change could introduce new players to the toribash community, and help them get acquainted with the players that play the game they are getting to know. Furthermore, players who see these quotes will be extraordinarily more aptly informed than those who fail to observe the quotations. Overall, it will boost the valliance of our community.
i feel like this could be a good idea, i think the minecrafty type thing would work. if you put it somewhere around the menu, on top, or at te bottom would look the best i think.

and for more expierienced players, there could be the option to turn it off or on and what not.

also heres an idea, somehow base the tips that show up and display on the mod that is currently being played. because if like a lenshu tip comes up, and the player doesnt know how to play lenshu or is not interested, they would completely disregard it and possibly turn the option off.

overall, its a good idea and should be experimented with to see if the community likes it
w
I proposed a thing sort of like, how smite has youtube videos set up at the start of the game in a rotational movement, about a year ago. The idea could be integrated with Esquad things, community events, etc aswell.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I proposed a thing sort of like, how smite has youtube videos set up at the start of the game in a rotational movement, about a year ago. The idea could be integrated with Esquad things, community events, etc aswell.

Originally Posted by jisse View Post
I'm not talking about loading inbetween hitting the "connect" button and appearing in the server as I've never experienced that.

I mean when you are actually in the server waiting for your turn to play.
I like the idea of doing it similairly to what Minecraft has but I don't see a place for it in the current menu.

why not both ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]