Ranking
Original Post
I need the name of a book/story
Sry i think this is the wrong section but i have like no idea where to put this.
so "dantes inferno" is coming out and its based on a story from... dante
the story sounds interesting so if sby knows the name pls tell me!
Check out my Youtube!
It's based on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy/Divina Commedia Inferno part.
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post
It's based on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy/Divina Commedia Inferno part.

so it's devil may cry, amirite?
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
so it's devil may cry, amirite?

wat, those games suck ass. The Inferno is the one where the guy makes the deal with the devil, his name is faused or something. Its this great Irish fable.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by deady View Post
wat, those games suck ass. The Inferno is the one where the guy makes the deal with the devil, his name is faused or something. Its this great Irish fable.

Just so you know, the DMC series is based on the divine comedy. There's a reason why theres a guy called dante and a guy called vergil
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Just so you know, the DMC series is based on the divine comedy. There's a reason why theres a guy called dante and a guy called vergil

yes, well, from what I saw of the story it doesn't fall at all that closely with it. Granted I only played half of the first game, but it was nothing like the book. And by that logic The Clerks Movies could also be based on the inferno since they have a Dante in them and people are punished for acting like dicks etc...

Just saying. Sorry if my joke was fail. But eh, maybe "was loosely inspired by" would be better terminology than "is based on".
Originally Posted by deady View Post
yes, well, from what I saw of the story it doesn't fall at all that closely with it. Granted I only played half of the first game, but it was nothing like the book. And by that logic The Clerks Movies could also be based on the inferno since they have a Dante in them and people are punished for acting like dicks etc...

Just saying. Sorry if my joke was fail. But eh, maybe "was loosely inspired by" would be better terminology than "is based on".

The monsters, characters, etc were "based on" dantes inferno.

I also believe there are 9 circles in the third DMC.

Also, vergil guides you through the game in 3.
Damnit m0o I said I never played the game beyond like half way in the first one. xD I was just trying to make a joke about Faust ok? Besides the gameplay in DMC is boring and the camera pissed me off....plus wtf? Endless ammo? :/ booooo.