Ranking
Original Post
Rule Change in Private/Public Rooms
Hi,

We’ve recently updated the rules regarding private space and public space. I’m writing this semi-brief note to send the message along. Below will be a few points on why we made the change, what was actually changed, and finally, how it affects everyone going forward. You can find the rules in the FAQ.

Why

With the implementation of in-game reports, private v. public rooms were always a hot topic when looking at the reports. Tori-Agents look through game chat logs and replays to come to their verdict(s). “Was this a private room?” “What can we do about it?” were frequently asked questions among the team. The staff team discussed this and came to the conclusion to amend the rules. We felt that, through means of technicalities, “allowing” members to break rules because they’re in their own custom server, isn’t right. We’re not trying to shaft people from having fun, rather, keeping everything fun and friendly for everyone. If something is reported, in-game reports, or our traditional methods of sending a screenshot in, we deal with it.

What

For everyone, these guidelines should be common sense behavior, typical to everyday interactions with real people. Here’s the new rules paired by the old rules. Please take the time to read.

Originally Posted by New

- Harassment

Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community

"Public space" is defined as:
Game - Any room that is not protected by a password.
Forum - The entire forum with the exception of Wibbles and clan PRIVATE boards.
If it's brought to moderator's attention and found that your language disrupts the integrity of the environment we're setting; warnings, infractions, or bans will take place. Try to solve issues yourself if you can. We can't possibly be there for every single instance. Asking to politely stop is a start.

Originally Posted by Old
Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community - for more information read here.

And if you follow the link in the Old rules, this part, I'll put that in a spoiler

Addition

Going Forward

This isn’t to get rid of private rooms, you’re free to have your fun. Just be mindful of the others joining in. We strive to keep all platforms of Toribash a fun and friendly environment to want to be in. If you see behavior that clearly breaks the rules, report it. After that, ignore them using the ignore feature ingame. If you have feedback, you’re free to post, we’d love to hear it with the intentions of trying to improve.
Last edited by ed; Jan 21, 2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: clarity

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

I would have liked to have known about this rule before it got implemented. Time to ban every random cunt that joins my servers.
Good to know that I'm responsible for other peoples' feelings, thanks for the heads up. Clearly the system works great in the forums and there is no bias.

How about ignoring them be the first step before trying to get them banned. If you join a room and get upset at the language, maybe that's your own damn problem and you could, say, leave.

Or maybe if there's a joke you could, say, pull the stick out your butt. Oh ffs now I have to point out that that's an old saying and I'm not being a bigot or doing targeted harassment. Oh geez, it's almost like what's offensive is subjective, and people could abuse the report function especially if they happen to have a special relationship with staff where they get to decide what's objectively offensive based on their subjective views.

What a quandary. I'm sure this will go down well with the community.
mabye no one would feel bothered or harass if you focused on making the ignore button work in game when i clearly doesn't work still i. 2020
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5365562_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
I think the staff just want the ability to do more ingame since there isn't a whole lot to do or worry about anymore in terms of globalling.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I just want to point out that any new player probably downloaded the game on steam and not an older client and since there's a profanity filter automatically ON in settings, they wouldn't see any insult, homophobic remark, transphobia any of that shit.

So again, the rule being changed for new players joining a private server is bullshit. They would have to go disable the profanity filter first and disabling it means that you don't care about profanity...

I want to know what actually happened that prompted this rule change.

9 times out of 10 any random person joining someone's private server would either get banned or kicked anyway. The 1 time that they wouldn't get banned or kick was probably because this new rule wasn't in place already and it was never an issue until now.
Last edited by skizz; Jan 20, 2020 at 02:23 PM.
What is with all this censoring of people. Let me talk shit about someone in peace smh
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Thankyou for banning me for breaking this rule before it was even announced that it was altered, appreciate it.
Is almost like staff are /reaching/ for shit to justify their existence now...

We gotta set passwords to shit-talk (which discourages new people joining) in OUR OWN servers now? Really? Fuck off, ay.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 20, 2020 at 04:06 PM.