Toribash
Original Post
[art] Zombie Biker - from VIP to final

He was a biker, but Zombie Apocalypse got him unprepared. He tried to run, but he fell from his bike and got killed. Now, he is up again. Somewhat different...

This process of painting I call pencil painting, although only sketch is done in pencil, but that sketch is what makes this painting to be different from regular. This is a style for itself. First, you need really detailed drawing with pencil, with shading and all. As much details you add at first better the outcome later.

After that, it is important to establish the right difference between the tones of colors that you will use. Best thing to do that is to make background darker then the rest of the colors you will use on this face. That way you will not make mistake using too bright or too dark color tones. Do this on one layer below the pencil drawing.

When you have done that, it's time to color the inside of the pencil drawing. Make another layer under your pencil sketch and use plain colors to fill everything, don't bother with different tones and shading for now...

Now the magic starts. Using darker tones shade the character (over plain filled colors). Use brighter colors where is face closer to light source and darker for far. All things done to the painting above:
- background smudged with some purple color
- shading done by using darker and brighter color tones
- second lightning of purple color added on the right edge of face, to correspond the purple background
- glow filter on the left eye and earring
- blood on the face, made on the layer above the color fill layer and with lower opacity for better blending
- more black strokes on the edges of the face to exclude it from the background
- more hair details to the beard and hair, done on the color layer
-signature :]

And that's it for today. Thank you.

Graphic programs used:
ArtRage - pencil drawing, coloring, painting
Photoshop 7 - scaling image, adding glow filter, adding contrast filter (darker contrast)

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
lepo izgl bre.
malo mi se zubi cine cudno,mogao si ih napravit malo raspadnutije.
9/10
i da jebem ti mamu zbog ovakvih projekata rift stradava !
Warning:
Keep it english please.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by wwolfer View Post
lepo izgl bre.
malo mi se zubi cine cudno,mogao si ih napravit malo raspadnutije.
9/10
i da jebem ti mamu zbog ovakvih projekata rift stradava !

Translation:
It looks nice.
The teethes are bit weird, you could make them bit more decayed
9/10
And damn u*, because of this kind of ''projects'' Rift is suffering!

* actually he mentioned my mom, a classical swear type 1: I fuck your mom, but it's ok, we talk like that all the time. Call it a ghetto talk without a ghetto.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 31, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
great art and tutorial ;p

mb this zombie biker need some zombie bike? ;p
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15