Toribash
Original Post
Use Toribash replays in 3D Application
Hey wouldnt it be great if you could use the Toribash Fights like Motion Capturing Data in Programs like 3D Studio Max or Cinema 4D?
There should be tool or option that lets you export a fight as fbx data or something similar. That would be so awesome and i believe there`d be a big wave of super awesome fight videos.
What do you think?
POVRAY is the closest there will probably be, sadly. But there are 3D rigs out there for various 3d programs.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=714
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=188623

I have successfully motion tracked replays using Boujou, although it's a pretty complicated set up. I had to create HD body and floor textures, record and motion-track that replay. Then re-record the replay with the replay maker's texture set, and use that version for videos instead of the HD mocap textures. If you're interested in learning more or want the textures that I use to motion track, lemme know.
Originally Posted by RickyRicon View Post
It's doable with lua scripts. The problem is that 3d formats are not soo... nice.

Hey so it is possible, great, but where to get such a script? And why isnt it nice?

And Slycooper: I worked with boujou too, but thats a program for tracking motion data out of 2D Video footage. Did you really went that way? Sounds like too much damn work, especcially because the data is already there, it just has to be exported.
Maybe the programmers could develop such a function.
I know a little about game design so i guess it shouldnt be to difficult for them, because they replays arent much more than the motion data, its just another format.
Well it would be a nice idea for the 3d toribash but if u must have we must download it in a new version of toribash like toribash 4.6 i think,, well cuz i have a 3d screen so it would be great to watch replays in 3d format.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 29, 2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: We don't vote for ideas.
[SHIELD]|[Virus]
Need help ? Pm me :D
Originally Posted by shatogtar View Post
Did you really went that way? Sounds like too much damn work, especcially because the data is already there, it just has to be exported.

It's a huge pain in the ass for what it's worth, you can only do so much with it this way. The tracking data gets messed up most of the time when solving the camera in boujou. It's hard to get it to only have one camera solve.

I'm sure this could be useful for a few people if this data was able to be exported.