Toribash
I don't understand how one can lose skill by not playing.

This game is quite easy once you get the hang of it, I don't understand how you could forget what joints do what and what not.

I am sure, that if I left and came back my skill would probably be the same.
Originally Posted by Engcy View Post
Well the thing I don't like about Krsitis is that his ability to play under pressure.

The last World Championship match was quite a disappointing fight between him and daxx.

It was a Ninjitsu mod(Where you start off in the air and freefall for 55 frames) and you see a simple hold all lame rush move in which didn't really make the fight interesting at all and is probably why he lost to daxx.

In my opinion he needs to improve on how he plays under pressure, I know he probably doesn't feel the pressure but to have to use a simple move because you are scared just doesn't make me quite happy.

Other than that, kristis is a great player, I have seen him duel and what not and when he isn't playing that serious it's actually fun to watch but when the stakes are high and the whole match is full of try pods and hold moves its kind of a let down.

As the matter of fact...He was the first one to use me123ster move when it was 4-3 to me, which is why I did it the next match and he was smart enough to do a counter. I never play gay, unless my opponent does. And I actually never play for fun...Or atleast I haven't played for fun for a very long time. I always play "serious" no matter if it's a duel or not. Just sayin'. (Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing, everyone has a different opinion and I respect it, but just ask around, it's really not like you think)
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
There is none, toribash offers too many paths to follow.

Very well said. No matter how good you are, there's always someone better than you, it's impossible to achieve perfection in this game(that's what makes it so great in my opinion). So you can't really just go ahead and say that someone is the best.

Though if I'd have to pick someone it would be:

Leyz - This guy has been my idol for quite a long time, I've promised not to leave toribash until I'll beat him in a duel, it's a pity that he left. It's just amazing how good he is at all the 'official' mods.

Ticux - same as Leyz, he's pretty damn good at all mods. No matter if it's a low or high gravity one.

SainTD - He's like the second TIcux to me. His aikido skills are just unbelievable.

These are the only three that I know, that are good at all the official mods. Some are talented in Aikido related mods (iRookie, Shmevin, Frozen), some in lenshu/ninjutsu(swex, killer)...But what makes you really great, is being able to play in all mods.

Also, for those who have mentioned me, thanks a ton. :>
Last edited by Kristis133; Feb 27, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Of course you won't entirely forget how to play but you lose a feeling of tori and smoothness of movements. It makes a huge difference in mods such as wushu.
I had few breaks, longer and shorter ones, it takes some time to get back into shape. I don't play so much anymore and I doubt I'll ever back be at my best.
If only I had current experience and skills from 2009 I wouldn't be afraid of anyone :P

I am sure, that if I left and came back my skill would probably be the same.

Depends on a level you are at. Get really, really good, then stop for few months, years.
Damn, it's probably the most annoying feeling you can experience in tb. You know how to move and how you should play, what you're capable of but your fingers just don't listen to you and a lot of mistakes happen.

In case of kamiko, we're talking about a guy who used to rip his wirst off to make the matches more challenging and actually interesting for him and still was able to destroy you completely 9 out of 10 times.
'I'm not that good anymore' feeling may take away readiness that one has to play completely.
Last edited by Powas; Feb 27, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
retired
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
As the matter of fact...He was the first one to use me123ster move when it was 4-3 to me, which is why I did it the next match and he was smart enough to do a counter. I never play gay, unless my opponent does. And I actually never play for fun...Or atleast I haven't played for fun for a very long time. I always play "serious" no matter if it's a duel or not. Just sayin'. (Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing, everyone has a different opinion and I respect it, but just ask around, it's really not like you think)

Regardless of who was first to do which I still think that you should have played normal would have made you look like the better person.

If I jumped off a bridge would you follow?

Just because someone plays a certain way doesn't mean you have to stoop down and try to play the same way.
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
The most complex player (imo) would be Kamiko - godlike wushu and lenshu skills, good at SP as well (all dem ToriOlympics medals), decent enough at other mods. Too bad he's gone.

hes back, played a few lenshu games with him and stabberZ last week.
hes nowhere near as good as he used to be, or maybe it was one of those cases that I was so bad, I was good.

he used to be scary good at lenshu, predictable in the opening phases, but his presence and control during the late phases was fantastic.

nuthug developed a counter specifically for his 3 starts during the clan champs, had us all learn it. worked the first time we played alpha, but he came back in the finals with a vengence, beating us out of another champs :<
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Engcy View Post
Regardless of who was first to do which I still think that you should have played normal would have made you look like the better person.

If I jumped off a bridge would you follow?

Just because someone plays a certain way doesn't mean you have to stoop down and try to play the same way.

That's a really bad comparison.

If it's a huge duel...Or World Championship...It's obvious that you don't go for random tactics, you go for your best without playing gay. And you don't even imagine how it feels, when your opponent goes for something like me123ster... Err, it's quite hard to explain, It's probably something only a dueller will understand, haha.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

I wouldn't know, but all I am saying is that sometimes its not all about winning.

Look, daxx won and people are still saying you are the better player, I don't even think Daxx has been mentioned once in this thread.

Point is, regardless of how he plays I would have still tried improv or something other then what he was doing.

but then again I may never know how it feels to be under that kind of pressure so I can't really say much.
Obligatory ishi post.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
It's obvious that you don't go for random tactics, you go for your best without playing gay.

> not trying to win because it would be 'gay' to use that tactic

True competitive spirit Kris hurrrr

Obligatory "juntalis, he spits hot fiya" post
Moving to Off-topic (again, woo!).

I rarely see Fachry lose. He has gained me many moneys in betting servers. Too bad he never enters public tourneys or anything.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today