ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Clan War Betting
Okey dokey m8s. So in the clan stock thread I recommended clan war betting. Mwah didn't want to go into detail with it but said it was a good idea. So.. here goes. Two clans face off in a battle of epic proportions. Spectators watch from the sidelines as both clans duke it out. Spectators begin to make petty word of mouth bets. Most are all bark and no bite until a group of young money millionaire P I M P pimps roll up with oodles of cash. The rich fellows begin to bet TC on the clan they believe will win the clan war. Most players bet for the higher ranked clan, but a select few bet on the underdog.

The underdog comes out swinging and streaks the higher ranked clan 3 times. Players will not be able to bet after three matches have been completed in the war. The players that bet for the higher ranked clan begin to get anxious. One tries to change his bet to the other team but fails miserably as the bet he placed is permanent. Another tries leaving the lobby, he leaves, but will never see his beloved tc again as it will continue to be a bet. But get this, the bet placed by the fellow who left the server now becomes a selfbet from the clan he bet on. Luckily for the clan, they will not have to pay for his bet that he placed that became theirs. One player that bet accidentally pings, his bet becomes a selfbet from the clan he bet for but there is a twist. The team he bet for can give back the bet they inherited to the player that pinged and receive a 10% of the original bet price gentleman's bonus. If the player that pinged plans on farming off of this idea he is dead wrong for if he pings again the bet he placed will be given permanently to the clan the he bet on. Players that get caught will be banned for an extended period of time depending on the amount of tc placed as the bet and the clan that is caught working with the good for nothing snake will be unable to initiate wars for an extended period of time, again depending on the amount of tc that was bet by the snake. If the clan wins with and inherited self bet they will receive the winnings much like any player but the profit will be evenly dispersed between all members of that clan on the server at that time.

Anyways the war rages on and it is neck and neck, both clans are surprisingly equally skilled. One clan prevails on the final match and wins for all of their beloved betters. The winning clan will rake in 10% of the total winnings evenly between all members of that clan that are currently in the server. Good news for the losing team as well, they will receive 5% of the winnings distributed equally among all members from their clan in the server as well. But if the losing clan has returned 2 or more bets to pinged players and collected 20% or more gentlemen's bonus. They will not receive the 5% consolation prize.*

A bot will distribute the 10% rake winnings evenly among all members of the clan that are in the server. If a winning team has returned 4 or more bets to their owners and collected 40% or more gentlemen's bonus, then they will not receive the 10% of winnings rake at the end of the war.* If neither clan rakes any tc at the end of the war, then the rake will be nullified and the winnings will be distributed to the players that bet on the winning team.

*This may change to be equal rakes for winning and losing, to prevent the use of unfair tactics.

Oh, I almost forgot! The betting will be activated when the clan war begins.

The command could be something like /bet (tc amount) clan (clan's name)

Any suggestions and criticism will be greatly appreciated. Tell me if I missed something.

P.s. Anything on here can be changed or altered.

P.p.s. No concept art required, it's pretty self explanatory.

Cheers,
~Bercat
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Reasons
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Would the minbet be the same as the clan minbet. Also, what if clans don't want bets?
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Would the minbet be the same as the clan minbet. Also, what if clans don't want bets?

Hmmm, It think 1k should be the minimum bet, and if you have like 20 people watching your war that could add up quite quickly. There should also be a maxbet, so that the gentlemen's prize isn't too OP.
-----
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post

Hmmm, It think 1k should be the minimum bet, and if you have like 20 people watching your war that could add up quite quickly. There should also be a maxbet, so that the gentlemen's bonus isn't too OP.
-----
I can't seem to edit that post so, disregard the fact that I said that twice.
Last edited by Cheshyre; Jul 16, 2015 at 12:58 AM.
Seems like a waste of time for coders, while its a good idea to some degree players can already bet on individual matches of clan wars, which people are much more comfortable with. Plus the amount of time it takes to get people in a server for betting is pretty long if you've never seen a freshly created bet server and its not like clans are gonna start paying for globals to get betters on their wars. Also the idea of rewarding the losing clan is kinda dumb, that just takes more money away from the people that were actually betting their hard earned money. Also rewarding all players in the server is bad, a lot of clans usually know which members they do and don't want for war, but they let other members come to watch the wars, this would cause the members just afk'ing in the que to get money off the actual working members effort. From the way I'm seeing this I'm guessing it would take a lot of coding to get it to work for something that really doesn't offer much more from the current bet system that is a lot safer for players to risk their money on and a lot more popular. I mean why should I bet 1,000TC on a clan not knowing the skills of all the players warring when I know one person is a beast and I can just bet my money on him.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
Seems like a waste of time for coders, while its a good idea to some degree players can already bet on individual matches of clan wars, which people are much more comfortable with. Plus the amount of time it takes to get people in a server for betting is pretty long if you've never seen a freshly created bet server and its not like clans are gonna start paying for globals to get betters on their wars. Also the idea of rewarding the losing clan is kinda dumb, that just takes more money away from the people that were actually betting their hard earned money. Also rewarding all players in the server is bad, a lot of clans usually know which members they do and don't want for war, but they let other members come to watch the wars, this would cause the members just afk'ing in the que to get money off the actual working members effort. From the way I'm seeing this I'm guessing it would take a lot of coding to get it to work for something that really doesn't offer much more from the current bet system that is a lot safer for players to risk their money on and a lot more popular. I mean why should I bet 1,000TC on a clan not knowing the skills of all the players warring when I know one person is a beast and I can just bet my money on him.

It's meant to financially benefit both clans so maybe the rake could go straight to the clans bank. Also the reason for rewarding the losing team is because not rewarding them would cause clans to play unfairly. Both clans will make money for either the members that played in that war or into their bank. There's no reason why you would bet on a clan that you have no idea of their abilities. It's not required that you bet. That's why you wait for the clan to come along that you do know, and you bet on them.

I also think that what you said is right, the players sitting around will not get a share of the 10% rake at the end but they will receive a share of an inherited bet that was not given back for the gentlemen's bonus. If the gentlemen's bonus is earned by the clan then the 10% bonus will be put into the clans bank. This way the only way players that don't play in the war could earn tc is if their clan wins the war and has an inherited bet that wasn't given back to it's original better. Keeping someone's bet if they ping would not be bannable and would be seen as a donation to the clan. Speaking of donations, maybe if the better leaves with an active bet the bet money will go straight to the clan that they bet on's bank as a donation instead of becoming the clans bet and being able to be given back.

There would also be a minimum percentage ratio on the total bets for each clan. Around 20% I think would be suitable.
Ex: "104,000 [Nitro] vs. 15,000 (randomclan)" bets would be repaid because 15,000 tc is not 20+% of 104,000 tc.
good start, unfortunately I'll have to shut down the main idea of your suggestion. it is actually impossible to have real time bets and have them be successful in a clan war setting. it requires several people to know exactly when a clan war between any two given clans are happening and also being there for the war itself. for clan war betting to work it would have to go along the principles of horse race betting, where you bet on the horses in the race before they race, while knowing the possibilities of who they may be up against.

so, I'd suggest being able to bet on any given clan at any time before they even fight (this is a true bet anyway, not like bet servers in toribash). then, if that clan wars against a clan that also has bets on them, all betters will be notified that their bet is in play. winning a bet obviously gives you a small percentage, and for the clan that wins would also get a small percentage of the total bets as well; the rest being sunk. I think I read this somewhere in your suggestion that losing clans would also get a cut of the bets (correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that would actually make betting useless if the loser got any of the rake at all it's not like they deserve it. that's the benefit to winning.

anyway, take that and run with it as you see fit if you have anything else to add (I'll tell you now using physical bots in the server to take bets is useless coding). but sadly, any hopes of real time clan war betting has no chance for reasons above.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
good start, unfortunately I'll have to shut down the main idea of your suggestion. it is actually impossible to have real time bets and have them be successful in a clan war setting. it requires several people to know exactly when a clan war between any two given clans are happening and also being there for the war itself. for clan war betting to work it would have to go along the principles of horse race betting, where you bet on the horses in the race before they race, while knowing the possibilities of who they may be up against.

so, I'd suggest being able to bet on any given clan at any time before they even fight (this is a true bet anyway, not like bet servers in toribash). then, if that clan wars against a clan that also has bets on them, all betters will be notified that their bet is in play. winning a bet obviously gives you a small percentage, and for the clan that wins would also get a small percentage of the total bets as well; the rest being sunk. I think I read this somewhere in your suggestion that losing clans would also get a cut of the bets (correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that would actually make betting useless if the loser got any of the rake at all it's not like they deserve it. that's the benefit to winning.

anyway, take that and run with it as you see fit if you have anything else to add (I'll tell you now using physical bots in the server to take bets is useless coding). but sadly, any hopes of real time clan war betting has no chance for reasons above.

Hmm, valid point. Alright, the horse race betting would be a much better way of this going down. Maybe there could be a new section on the forums labelled Clan War Betting or something. There could be an option when Clans agree to war that says if they want betting or not. If both clans accept betting then the clans in the server will have to wait 5 or so minutes while a new betting popup happens on the forums. Where players will bet on which clan they believe would win. Once the five minutes are up, the popup in the Clan War Betting will not accept anymore bets. The betters must keep that window open while the clans duke it out. Players that close the window in an attempt to save their tc will automatically donate any tc betted from that user directly to the clan that they betted on's bank. Betters will observe the war in the server. Since all the betting will be done on the forums, spectators will be able to leave the server and do what ever they please as long as they do not close the betting window. The lower bet total must be more than 20% of the higher bet total. The clan that wins will collect 10% of the winnings. Losing team will get no rake (as you requested). The rake from winning the clan war will go straight to the clans bank. It would disperse the 10% among clan members that played in the war but this could be easily abused if only one person plays for the winning team. So I think that if the betting option wants to be selected while setting up the war, then both clans must have 3 or more clan members competing in the war to ensure clans don't just use their super OP player.

Add more if you like. I like the idea of the horse racing form of this much better. It will take much less programming and will be more secure than realtime betting.