ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Collecting new default replays
Hello, we're collecting replays to be used as new defaults for Toribash.

Some requirements:

• Try to keep replays new.
    Doesn't necessarily mean we're looking for replays you have just made this week or today, but please refrain from posting 3-year-old replays.

• Don't steal other users' replays.
    We may not know it now, but in the end it will be discovered that you didn't actually make the replay anyway - and you will face the punishment.

• Be creative.
    We'll sure be looking for some "classic" replays, but don't just send 5 similar madmans.

• Any forms of replay hacking are allowed.

• Submit your replays as post attachments.
    If your replay uses a custom mod, please attach it aswell.

Deadline is May 30th, 2018.
We're looking for about 20 replays, but the number may change both ways depending on what we manage to collect. You can still keep sending new replays after that but we won't have time to include them in the upcoming release so they'll have to wait until next one.
Last edited by sir; May 25, 2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: updated op to clear confusion on desired replay age
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
Everyone that posts here already doesn't deserve to have a replay in stock in my eyes.

Stock is supposed to be made up out of replays found literaly beyond crazy, not a submission.

still going to send my replays
[ΛΜΔŦΞRΛŞŬ]
Originally Posted by Meija View Post
still going to send my replays

then please send them to ormo instead of some bullcrap thread.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
then please send them to ormo instead of some bullcrap thread.

With all due respect to ORMO (and jisse personally who turned out to be the only known replaymaker who contacted me first instead of starting to whine), the organization and people who were supposed to keep updating default replays haven't done anything since 5.0 release in 2016 - thus the public collection of new replays. I still don't see any negatives in this, giving regular players who may not yet be known by the community a chance to get their replay(s) included in game client by default isn't bad if they're on same level as currently used replays.

Even though we've come to an agreement that I'll mainly take replays that jisse and other ORMO members decide to be worthy of getting in defaults, exceptional replays from this thread will also be used.

For any other future criticism of this thread's idea/purpose please PM me, any posts here will be deleted.

Originally Posted by chab View Post
I don't like this idea one bit, keep the old legendary replays.

Old replays are staying (well, at least most of them). Seen ORMO discussion about replacing some old replays with new ones if style is same so that's the only case when old replays may get replaced.
Last edited by sir; May 29, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
Sorry if it seems like we're trying to overtake this just because we don't trust you with the task (please dont be hostile guys).
Looking through 100 replays is not easy for one or two or three people, judging a replay event with ~20 submissions already tires me and there's almost always arguments between the judges about which are the best. I don't think it is sane to try and look at so many replays. We're not exactly active but if you talk to us with interest in updating the stock we'll definitely pull up our pants, work as a group and talk about all the replays we've collectively seen as of recent years, which is infinitely more functional.

Public submissions are not out of the question, we have a thread in the ormo board for suggesting replays, anyone is free to post anything they want, we'll argue about whether or not it should be put in. Admittedly I personally haven't been on the look out for new replays because I have less free time and I assume the others have the same problem. We will try to get together and put together a new folder seeking variety and new content.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by sir View Post
With all due respect to ORMO (and jisse personally who turned out to be the only known replaymaker who contacted me first instead of starting to whine), the organization and people who were supposed to keep updating default replays haven't done anything since 5.0 release in 2016 - thus the public collection of new replays

We've always built the Stock Folder upon request, whether that be from Gynx, dranix or hampa himself. After Gynx's departure, we haven't been issued anymore requests.

We were holding off on releasing a new Stock Folder in 2017 due to Toribash Next's announcement, we figured hamps wouldn't want to update the game just for the Stock Folder.
That was assuming he wouldn't bother doing dev work for TB during TB Next's early development cycles.
Here are my entries
Attached Files
Grand_Finale.rpl (333.6 KB, 5 views)
0firstboom.rpl (164.8 KB, 3 views)
0badassss.rpl (77.3 KB, 3 views)
0253tdfsasgh524.rpl (52.3 KB, 4 views)
0tertyheadkick.rpl (96.1 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by tertywerty; May 29, 2018 at 07:22 PM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by sir View Post
With all due respect to ORMO (and jisse personally who turned out to be the only known replaymaker who contacted me first instead of starting to whine), the organization and people who were supposed to keep updating default replays haven't done anything since 5.0 release in 2016 - thus the public collection of new replays. I still don't see any negatives in this, giving regular players who may not yet be known by the community a chance to get their replay(s) included in game client by default isn't bad if they're on same level as currently used replays.

Even though we've come to an agreement that I'll mainly take replays that jisse and other ORMO members decide to be worthy of getting in defaults, exceptional replays from this thread will also be used.

For any other future criticism of this thread's idea/purpose please PM me, any posts here will be deleted.

What is bugging me here is not the idea itself. It's the fact that those replays will probably be judged by staff who are not even replay makers themselvesand so they are not qualified to be judges(that if you are not planning to put some random shit) which is going to lead to having bad replays in the stack folder.
As long as you have qualified judges I think it's ok.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .