Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Mack and I used to be in a clan (knob gobblers perchance u have heard of our exploits) so I can definitely understand his troubles. Honestly people are bringing up some pretty decent considerations like replay making and legacy members (cofounders).

All in all i think everyone is freaking out too bad about these, it will kill a few of the clans that are pretty much dead except with one or two active bumpers. I don't think it will bring it down to 4 or 5 officials though that's a little excessive.

My question is, are there exceptions? If the automated system says clans too inactive, do we get a human eye to be like do they really need a warning/to be killed. Like if we are just a hair under or is it like if the system says it then we must obey. 101010010
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
All in all, we've discovered that forum clans are actually quite the minority in the current official clans. There are only a few clans who've reached 50 posts on their board per month, but failed to be active in the ingame activity check. More often then not it's actually clans that have green in forum activity and yellow in-game. These clans still fail the activity check tho, so we want to push them towards the game. The "forum clans" you talk about are mostly utterly dead, active on discord or irc.

As for replay and art clans, I mean, there are orgs based around art and replays. If by "replay" clans you mean clans like [T], you yourself know that those guys are active with their members elsewhere, be it discord or IRC.

I know the first warning list may have looked pretty intimidating, but most of the yellows were actually fairly close to passing, had they gotten a few more games in.

As per exceptions, no, not really. Considering that forum activity is green when you have 50 posts on your board per month, it isn't exactly hard to see that people are, in-fact, dead.

And lastly, as stated, we are actively discussing legendary clans as of now. We definitely plan on adding clans that deserve it if they do die in the check. If you feel like your clan has a rich history, community presence, list of achievements, you can be sure there is discussion about the clan going on. You can even suggest clans if you so chose to, send your nominations to clan squad members.
h
this whole thread is a massive shitshow. We all see the issues and what duck is trying to do but instead of just going with it and SUGGESTING some solutions to the issue you all go ahead and type up walls of shit makes no sense

duck wants clans to be more active in game and the clans dont want to be active, solution is simple, just suggest that forum activity be counted as well as in game activity and if that doesnt happen for kill duck. ez

(ive most likely misinterpreted this whole thing)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by duck View Post
And @pusga sorry but no, we are rather focusing on in-game activity and giving a small benefit to forum activity. Coupled with how dead IRC is to the point where we have as the core community moved to discord, we really don't consider it. Besides, if IRC is your main source of activity, then you can keep that if you clan fails the check anyway.

I don't need my clan board for playing ingame either, if I want to find my friends I can /sa them.

The reason nobody plays is because the game is old and too hard to learn. Considering the community is only dwindling, these criteria are strange to say the least.

Over time the community of this niche semi old pc game morphed into its natural shape: a small group of recurrent players, players that come and go in short periods of time, and a strong forum presence. This is threatening to cripple the experience of some users who care much more for the forum aspect than the game aspect. The criteria in your op dictate that ingame activity is over three times more relevant than forum activity, and 75% of all official clans failed to pass the hypothetical check. These are alarming numbers; there is no apparent reason to only allow about 10 active official clans at a time. Regardless of how close they were to passing, a fail is a fail and after a couple of months the clans would go back to being inactive and eventually fail the checks again. You need to have a strong community before you can manage it like one. If anything, I predict this will piss some people off of Toribash rather than get them playing it, as I know for a fact a lot of people come to the forum just for their clan and friends (and these aren't just people in "active" clans).

You mention that the majority of the clans are not forum oriented. In that case, how the hell did 31 out of 41 clans fail to pass this check? Doesn't add up.

Comically, fallu's quip was accurate, if this is an attempt to increase ingame presence, then it's pretty much blackmailing the players to play a game they don't want to play because it hasn't changed for almost a decade and they're tired of it. I don't see any other way I could interpret this.

I like Toribash as is, I'm satisfied with its current state, and I recognize I might be a minority. If you guys are so desperate to push it into the next level, then the game needs to change, in its current state Toribash is akin to something like Endorphin. Toribash Next can't come soon enough.
oh yeah
Forced activity does not an alive game make. I understand what you guys are trying to do, but this isn't the way to go about it. The backlash from this will be pretty big, hope you're ready for it

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
I don't need my clan board for playing ingame either, if I want to find my friends I can /sa them.

The reason nobody plays is because the game is old and too hard to learn. Considering the community is only dwindling, these criteria are strange to say the least.

Over time the community of this niche semi old pc game morphed into its natural shape: a small group of recurrent players, players that come and go in short periods of time, and a strong forum presence. This is threatening to cripple the experience of some users who care much more for the forum aspect than the game aspect. The criteria in your op dictate that ingame activity is over three times more relevant than forum activity, and 75% of all official clans failed to pass the hypothetical check. These are alarming numbers; there is no apparent reason to only allow about 10 active official clans at a time. Regardless of how close they were to passing, a fail is a fail and after a couple of months the clans would go back to being inactive and eventually fail the checks again. You need to have a strong community before you can manage it like one. If anything, I predict this will piss some people off of Toribash rather than get them playing it, as I know for a fact a lot of people come to the forum just for their clan and friends (and these aren't just people in "active" clans).

You mention that the majority of the clans are not forum oriented. In that case, how the hell did 31 out of 41 clans fail to pass this check? Doesn't add up.

Comically, fallu's quip was accurate, if this is an attempt to increase ingame presence, then it's pretty much blackmailing the players to play a game they don't want to play because it hasn't changed for almost a decade and they're tired of it. I don't see any other way I could interpret this.

I like Toribash as is, I'm satisfied with its current state, and I recognize I might be a minority. If you guys are so desperate to push it into the next level, then the game needs to change, in its current state Toribash is akin to something like Endorphin. Toribash Next can't come soon enough.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Last edited by Liquidoom; Jul 7, 2018 at 04:22 AM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
I definitely agree the game hasn't changed GED at all and I've only been around since 2012 having known the game since then, just not been active in the community. I think the reason they may want to encourage in game activity is because TBN is to come soon most likely within the next few months perhaps. However I couldn't agree more that this may just push away a lot of people from the game. I think it's all very cool, but upon further inspection and my own consideration. I too feel the same as Pusga and the others. Perhaps something better would be that you put into consideration for clans that are forum based. Instead of just making it like a robot we must obey.

However Pusga one thing I must say about the official clans. A lot of those official clans really are pretty much dead these days and those numbers for the official clans don't surprise me. There aren't any new official clans on the failed list either.
Last edited by MrMiyagy; Jul 7, 2018 at 05:16 AM.
And again

staff are coming up with new "creative ways" to fuck up the game even more.
Overall I think this was a good idea in theory. A lot of great points made by everyone.

This would be the nail in the coffin for a majority of clans, killing off what little player-base the game has left with this change in one fell swoop.
If there were a thousand players playing consistently these changes would make sense but as of right now no, it's an awful choice.