Ranking
Originally Posted by violentz View Post
Question, How do I possibly make a decent 128x128 head? is there a better program then GIMP by any chance?

Gimp is ok enough for a 128 to 512 toribash texture. It's all about imagination and technique, I guess.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
Really the 128x128 size goes better with images that are simpler and perhaps hold fewer colours/details. It has a lower pixel count; meaning less sharpness and less potential.

If you wish, I will buy you a 512 Head Tex. item. Because I like to think I am nice. ^^

There are plenty of programs you can use for texturing and art alike. Gimp is one of the free software that is available.

Compiled list of Art Programs for Texturing

I use Mudbox for mapping and PhotoShop for painting. Mudbox is a free (for students) 3d modeling/painting program. PhotoShop is one of the more powerful image editing and painting programs available, however if you are after something which isn't as complex but still gets the job done, try something like Krita or Artweaver

Having said all that, the software you choose to use won't create you better art - that's up to your practice and commitment.
If you are creating a 128x128 head, remember the rule of thumb to work with a resolution about 3-5 times the desired output. In your case I'd say a 512x512 'be perfect.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Welcome, iTemp.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
I don't mind
it's good for bondage

I am addicted to this little game
gravitee wars online
it's like worms in multyplayer
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals