ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Voice chat
I mean like wouldnt it be cool to use a mic ingame?
Like in other games you hold a button and while you hold it you can speak into your microphone and talk to the other players.
It would make the game alot funnier and for the ones spamming or better said screaming off your ears with their microphones there could be a massvote mute means the player would get muted for the room for like lets say a hour?
Dont know if it has been suggested yet so i think this would be very interesting.
If you have suggestions how to make this better or why this isnt good share them here.
Through steam... Almost nothing as there is an api for it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
can I just step in an say a few things:

First; IFFFFF something that a record button was implemented it would most likely be a staff only option. mainly to prevent peoples voices from getting recorded when there is no need for it or if they really don't want it to be recorded.

Second; This whole "button" thing is ridiculous. It wouldn't be a "button" because if you ever wanted to record someones voice as evidence you would have almost no clue when they would be about to say something incriminating, therefore a button is illogical and inefficient. It would most likely be a triggered recording that starts when a servers voice chat is made and ends when all players leave the servers voice chat.

Third; Normal users would most likey have little to no access to the recording logs of the servers to prevent tampering of evidence and if for any reason someone needed logs for something other than that. since if people were to have access it would be through the customs files and just about anyone can edit/steal/delete whats in those. also to allow peoples voices to be private unless it is needed for something for a legitimate reason. IDK about you but I wouldn't want some random kid to be able to have access to recordings of my voice.

"But Fates?", You ask. "What if we need to report someone for what they said in the chat??".

Well sir having logs makes everything easier, I would suggest that the logs for the chat be made into an archive with a search bar and everything for easy access. And all you will need to do is write up a report tell someone the Time Frame that xxxx was said We go in the logs search the day, room name, and stuff, search for the Time frame you gave Us, listen to the chat, if we find anything bad then GG everyone wins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Fates View Post

Misinterpretation

The button would record the last 60 seconds of talking... I knew someone wouldn't understand. Also if someone could tamper with the voice chat then they should have no problem photoshopping the current typing chat to edit what somebody said. You expect someone to change the things that another player said with the same tone of voice that that person has? If someone doesn't want to be recorded on voice chat, good for them, don't use it then! It isn't a requirement that people use voice chat! If they want to use voice chat they should know that anything they say can and will be used against them in the court of Hampa. Same goes for the text chat. You don't have to use it. Yet people do and what they say gets screenshotted all the time and posted in reports. They are the same thing except for the fact that framing someone on a report is 20 times harder to do on voice chat.
Last edited by Bercat; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
You expect someone to change the things that another player said with the same tone of voice that that person has?.

By "tampering", I didn't mean pro hax skills. I meant like deleting files, adding files, using someones recorded voice inappropriately, stuff like that. I really thought that was obvious when I said that but I guess that's my fault. Anyway, That's why I said the files should be restricted access.
Last edited by Fates; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
By "tampering", I didn't mean pro hax skills. I meant like deleting files, adding files, using someones recorded voice inappropriately, stuff like that. I really thought that was obvious when I said that but I guess that's my fault. Anyway, That's why I said the files should be restricted access.

Maybe a new staff position should be put into effect, like in game ninjas that have the ability to utilize the record button, pm it to the other ninjas and then decide if the player should be banned. Much like gm's but undercover.

There's a video made by a staff member of them remixing a user's voice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
There's a video made by a staff member of them remixing a user's voice.

off of youtube. which is freegame since youtube already has its own consent terms and agreements laid out when you upload a video. also it was DJvenom who was making a video explaining how "bad" the Staff members are. And I believe Moop and someone else from parrot edited it.
-----
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Maybe a new staff position should be put into effect, like in game ninjas that have the ability to utilize the record button, pm it to the other ninjas and then decide if the player should be banned. Much like gm's but undercover.

also I don't think that that's necessary. making a WHOLE new staff position just for that specific job. A bit overboard. but that's just me.
Last edited by Fates; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Without even opening this thread and looking at the title I knew EXACTLY what someone was going to say. I figured a few dumb kids would come in, and scream "YUUUSE SKYYYPE."

please. STOP. SAYING. THIS. modern games are supposed to have voice chat. Third party support for ANYTHING is just dumb. I never in a million years would imagine a GM would say something so retarded.

with this argument you can say its okay to just use hamachi if you want to make a new server. You can say its okay for your phone to not be able to have music capabilities and make you carry an iPod or something.

for fucks sake.

Okay okay, I know a lot of multiplayer games that don't have voice chat but okay, but just give me like 3 half decent reasons why you can't use skype, teamspeak, mumble, raidchat or steam, and 3 reasons why toribash needs voice chat.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
also I don't think that that's necessary. making a WHOLE new staff position just for that specific job. A bit overboard. but that's just me.

Well clearly someone is less likely to do something against the rules if they notice a gm is in the room. Just like if you're speeding to get to work, you're gonna slow down and go the legal speed limit if you see a cop, but if that cop is in an undercover vehicle, they won't be spotted as easily. The gm's are like the cops, it's quite obvious that they are cops with their differently colored names and symbols next to their names on the queue list. They undercover gms would be like undercover cops in the sense that people don't know that they are cops or in this case, gms. They would have no different username as any other toribash player and would just roam around waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Their evidence would be much more reliable and they would have seen the crime in person instead of getting information from witnesses or victims. Their specialty would be that they can record voice chats incognito. And ban defectors using the voice recording evidence. Mainly focused on keeping the voice chat clean of racists and flamers, players will be deterred from breaking chat rules knowing that an undercover gm could be watching them at that very moment. If a player decides to begin flaming or spewing racist remarks, the undercover gm just types in a fancy smansy command that records the voice chat from the previous 60 seconds.

All of this can be avoided if we just make a record command that players can use at their disposal.
Last edited by Bercat; Aug 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
Yet another reminder in this thread that hampa has already said he's planning on adding voice chat to TB via Steam

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you