Toribash
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
yeah, you took the time to learn how to move and played a decent amount of the game, but for what?
you can grind to 10th dan and you would still only have around 10-12k tc.
grinding to custom belt just so your tori can be a black color? seriously?

or you can just play the game cause you have fun playing it and not worry about things like that, especially when having fun in the game none of those things even matter.


also in response to that one person who said something like "replay board is dead too!!! brrrrrr", it is true in a sense but terribly wrong in another. basically nobody posts in to the forums anymore unless there is a good reason to do so, cuz basically everyone just sends clips in discord now because it is faster and easier to do, also people can view the stuff even with mobile and without launching the game so it is kool thing to do.
brrrt, Community is toxic at times & honestly just don't feel like this game gets enough advertisement or anything on steam etc etc would be nice to see some new players etc
I B u y A r t !
C o n t a c t M e !
Originally Posted by akina View Post
or you can just play the game cause you have fun playing it and not worry about things like that, especially when having fun in the game none of those things even matter.

Hard to find the game fun at all when you could grind it for a year straight and get virtually nothing. You really can’t make an excuse for how unrewarding the game is to play and grind...

Playing videogames to earn something is why people have fun. What’s the point in playing a game and earning nothing? This isn’t untitled goose game or people playground where you’re just meant to sit there and play around in a sandbox.
ENDURANCE ONSLAUGHT 2.0 CHAMPION
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
Playing videogames to earn something is why people have fun. What’s the point in playing a game and earning nothing? This isn’t untitled goose game or people playground where you’re just meant to sit there and play around in a sandbox.

I find this to be a very bizarre point of view on videogames. What exactly do other games reward you with? Watching levels climb is worthless artificial progression, and if anything Toribash has better "progression" since everyone is on equal footing by default. You get nothing either for grinding Counter Strike, or Quake, or Mario (unless saving the princess is a really big deal for you).

Cosmetic items in fact seem to be annoying to acquire for noobs and could be reworked, but if this is a dealbreaker you probably don't like TB to begin with. The game's lack of intrinsic motivation would be an issue if this were a story driven game or something, but it's a sandbox, community driven game; obviously people's focus is in multiplayer events, experimentation and other extrinsic motivators. I would say that the majority of the active community probably disagrees hard with your second paragraph. Also would like to note that a community driven game like this is always dependent to some degree on the voluntary work of its players, which is never a stable variable.

The reason this game currently doesn't have many people is because, in comparison with the majority of videogames that are tailored to provide an uber epic immersive, narrative driven, battle royale, cutting edge, visually spectacular, mechanically braindead shooter, a game like TB (with nothing but its subversive gameplay) is horribly out of fashion. No fortnite dances? Might as well play Gyruss or Interactive Buddy old man! Not that Toribash is perfect - it could certainly be improved with more tools for experimentation and mod creation. Also a solution for waiting in queue for 5 hours is sorely needed.
Last edited by pusga; Mar 30, 2021 at 10:58 AM.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
The reason this game currently doesn't have many people is because, in comparison with the majority of videogames that are tailored to provide an uber epic immersive, narrative driven, battle royale, cutting edge, visually spectacular, mechanically braindead shooter, a game like TB (with nothing but its subversive gameplay) is horribly out of fashion. No fortnite dances? Might as well play Gyruss or Interactive Buddy old man! Not that Toribash is perfect - it could certainly be improved with more tools for experimentation and mod creation. Also a solution for waiting in queue for 5 hours is sorely needed.

Not gonna lie, I always kinda felt like Toribash never really embraced the sandbox aspect of it. Whether there wasn't a working modmaker at all, or the features lacked more depth and feedback to the player (I mean after playing the game for a couple of years most of the features ingame feel really static to me at this point (even with the new spiffy menu I don't really care about much)).
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
This isn’t untitled goose game or people playground where you’re just meant to sit there and play around in a sandbox.

you are wrong! toribash is pretty much creative 3d ragdoll sandbox game
-----
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
Playing videogames to earn something is why people have fun. What’s the point in playing a game and earning nothing?

no.
Playing videogames to have fun and spend time having fun and progressing in the game you like is why people have fun playing games. "whats the point?" well the point is that you have fun and if you dont have fun i guess you should not do it in the first place? if your approach to a game is to "earn something" you have completely wrong approach to games and you might want to think some better stuff for yourself to spend your time in to. why would you even play a game if you dont have fun in it? also why tf would you require a "reward" to be able to have fun? HAVING FUN AND GETTING BETTER IN THE GAME IS THE DAMN REWARD!
Last edited by akina; Apr 1, 2021 at 08:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by akina View Post
no.
Playing videogames to have fun and spend time having fun and progressing in the game you like is why people have fun playing games. "whats the point?" well the point is that you have fun and if you dont have fun i guess you should not do it in the first place? if your approach to a game is to "earn something" you have completely wrong approach to games and you might want to think some better stuff for yourself to spend your time in to. why would you even play a game if you dont have fun in it? also why tf would you require a "reward" to be able to have fun? HAVING FUN AND GETTING BETTER IN THE GAME IS THE DAMN REWARD!

Well yes having fun is a reward in a way, but for modern games nowadays it's not and for most people in the modern day much prefer virtual rewards than no rewards otherwise it's not worth their time. In toribash it can be very satisfying making millions of TC, acquire cool items and even make real life money. I'm sure you've realised the amount of people who used to play this game have quit? most of those being sparrers and realism player's in general because they get nothing from it and yet the competitive players such as the duelers and gamblers STILL PLAY and are coming back after years.

I understand Toribash is a very old, ragdoll videogame and the game can not be changed but that doesn't mean it can't be fun anymore, this is where we implement other things that modern games have now such as rewards that will actually keep players addicted.
Last edited by max; Apr 1, 2021 at 12:33 PM.