Ranking
Original Post
Fixing the bounty system
First of all, I'm not sure about all the details. Would be nice if someone who knows about this stuff could fill me in on them, thanks.
Second, don't get too hung up on a single idea, it's better to present a new one than pointlessly discussing an old one.

I just thought it'd be nice to get the bounty system back on track. Right now most people are using it to set a bounty text on their own toris, and those who are actually using it for bounty hunting purposes are few, and hard to find.
It seems very easily fixed, to me, I'll go through a few ideas around it.

As stated above, the current bounty list is quite hard to get to, and it doesn't really have it's own tab. If it were around the black boxes at the top, I get the feeling that people would check it more often, even though it didn't work for replays.
It would be nice if it was advertised more often after it's gotten more organised, for example the "Most wanted", should be visible preferably at the front page with a top-10 instead of a single user, and a few GM events with the involvement of bounty-like elements would help advertising it further. Additionally, GMs could add random bounties from time to time for further encouragement.
The top-10 would include info about payout, name of the bounty setter, on/offline and the room the wanted was last seen in.
This would help;
-Users find the bounty list, and not clog up the rapid threads on how to find/use it
-Encourage players to hunt wanted players
-Encourage people to set bounties on other players

Very few are using bounties for anything but the bounty texts. If we want to help that, first step would be to sort the bounty list after payout. Bigger payouts at the top and lower ones at the bottom. The time the bounty was set is irrelevant.
There is no reason to show bounties that has already been collected. Except maybe the top-10 ones, for encouragement (hey, look I beat this really wanted person and I want everyone to know about it!).
User texts are optional, you can choose to include it for the usual fee (2k) or skip it and ignore the fee.

The result is;
-Users who are interested in the bounty text alone won't clog up the bounty list
-Users who want to set a bounty but thinks the fee is too high will set bounties again
-Users who want to set a really high bounty, and want it to be flashy can pay 2k for a bounty text.

I was also playing around with the idea of a streak reward for players with a bounty, but this is hard to do without the involvement of farming. If anyone has a stable idea for this, please tell me about it.

Lastly, a "legit version" of Tmeditator/Bigbro has been discussed before, but has been shut down. It's just not reasonable to keep a Tb window open for hours just to catch someone in a room, but with Steam integration, it can be done. People have steam on all day with or without toribash, so a pop up every now and then wouldn't cause too much harm.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 18, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
This would be 1 way to sink TC.This also increases awareness of bounty,there'll be more competition in toribash. Perharps a special room every few hours thats under control that can be used for bounty hunting.
Are you living the life you really want?
Could you elaborate on that "special room"?
What would happen in there? eheh
Put larger bounties on the user, they get priority over the crappy 'nice' ones

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Could you elaborate on that "special room"?
What would happen in there? eheh

It is based on this:
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
I was also playing around with the idea of a streak reward for players with a bounty, but this is hard to do without the involvement of farming. If anyone has a stable idea for this, please tell me about it.

The people who ask wrote their name in the bounty hunting would go there,while the people who want the bounty will go there.Since bounty is'nt a 24 hour thing,
the room can be an room made by admins when their free or something.
For the streak reward,there will be admins in the room to check for farming.
This may be asking too much though.
Are you living the life you really want?
But I like having a bounty, it kinda says something about who you are ya know? Unless of course someone who doesn't like you set it and it says something spiteful. Maybe they could integrate a new user text item along with fixing the bounty system
Originally Posted by green14 View Post
But I like having a bounty, it kinda says something about who you are ya know? Unless of course someone who doesn't like you set it and it says something spiteful. Maybe they could integrate a new user text item along with fixing the bounty system

Originally Posted by OP
User texts are optional, you can choose to include it for the usual fee (2k) or skip it and ignore the fee.

As you can see, I never said anything about removing bounty texts, but with this you could choose not to use the bounty text and not have to pay an extra 2k.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
When you say GMs should add random bounties what if they don't have enough tc?
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
This would mean a specific sum would be sent every month or so to the GM's for the setting of bounties. I didn't mean that they would have to get it out of their own pocket (but if they could, that'd be just as well).
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore