Ranking
Original Post
Animated Textures
After Joint Texture, .gif textures (animated)
would look pretty good.
Animated Head Texture 128x128, 256x256, 512x512
etc..
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU
It's still insanely distracting, and what's the point of having something like that if most of the people are just going to turn it off anyways?
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
Originally Posted by PlataBear View Post
It's still insanely distracting, and what's the point of having something like that if most of the people are just going to turn it off anyways?

Thats an opinion. I think flames are annoying so I turn them off, however most of the toribash community believes otherwise. You dont know if most people are going to turn them off, so dont make that accusation.

Like whats-his-username said, If it gets to a point where its uncontrollable moderation will be involved.

Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Thats an opinion. I think flames are annoying so I turn them off, however most of the toribash community believes otherwise. You dont know if most people are going to turn them off, so dont make that accusation.

Like whats-his-username said, If it gets to a point where its uncontrollable moderation will be involved.

Yes, saying that they would be "annoying" is a highly opinionated view.
Your unreasonable bias against the idea hasn't in the least given me a reason
to not support this idea, nor have any other (current) reasons on this thread.

If your final argument is that "most of the people are just going to turn it off,"
then as Mzebra mentions, many players turn off flames, not because
their computers can't support them, but because they find them annoying.

All of the regulations pertaining to valid flames and textures could just as well
apply to the suggested animated textures. Please give me more reasons why
this should not be implemented!
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
As a retort to the flames thing, there are no restrictions on flames except particle textures having nudity or racism. So that doesn't really apply. Second, I can assure you, admins don't want another set of bullshit complaints form people saying, "his textures made me sick" and they certainly don't want to deal with more rules on textures and items because there's enough already.
Then you get into the economics and the server side of things.
These items would have to be outrageously expensive, thus deterring people from wanting them because they'd have to be a low resolution to not lag servers to shit and to not make uploading more of a bitch than it already is.
That brings me to my second point, uploading 20 textures that all have some amount of frames(also a problem but I won't get into that) would be a massive pain, and when it comes to other downloading these texture times, they would be massive and they would lag your Internet to shit.

This idea is impractical and not logical, you'd have a better chance asking for 1024x1024 textures instead.
Last edited by PlataBear; Jan 30, 2014 at 07:39 AM.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
As a retort to the flames thing, there are no restrictions on flames except particle textures having nudity or racism. So that doesn't really apply.

Originally Posted by View Post
A) Do not create, request or wear flames that cause serious lag in-game or obstruct being able to play the game.

There are many restrictions to flames... And the "obstruction" to game-play
rule also applies to textures, as in transparent ones, and it would probably
also apply to animated textures.
I can assure you, admins don't want another set of bullshit complaints form people saying, "his textures made me sick" and they certainly don't want to deal with more rules on textures and items because there's enough already.

The admins can speak for themselves. It is their job to handle these situations
and I am sure they are more than capable.
These items would have to be outrageously expensive, thus deterring people from wanting them.

To take more tc out of circulation would be a good thing, and I doubt they
would be "outrageously expensive."
They'd have to be a low resolution to not lag servers to shit and to not make uploading more of a bitch than it already is.
That brings me to my second point, uploading 20 textures that all have some amount of frames(also a problem but I won't get into that) would be a massive pain, and when it comes to other downloading these texture times, they would be massive and they would lag your Internet to shit.

I guess you didn't really read my first post on this thread...
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
I'd support this if it was just for head textures.
Limited to 2 frames that interchange every 5 or 10 Toribash frames.
It'd have to be a tradeable item.
To upload the "animation," you'd just upload two images, like the ones you upload
into the regular head texture item, but you'd have to upload two. One for each frame(2)

This idea is impractical and not logical, you'd have a better chance asking for 1024x1024 textures instead.

Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
This would look good if you wanted to animate blinking eyes, a wink, an opening and closing mouth, or simple two frame animations for your head.

-It also greatly increases the ways you can personalize and customize your tori.

Please read people's ideas and reasons for their support more thoroughly..
In my opinion, "1024x1024 textures" would be more "impractical and not
logical" and they would surely lag pc's.
Last edited by ThePirateKing; Jan 30, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Ok, first off, this is turning in to a debate, which isn't really the point of this thread but w/e.

The first flame I ever had caused massive amounts of lag and made the dojo barely visible, I played with numerous admins while I had that and none of them cared. You don't realize you can turn flames off so that rule doesn't apply.

Second, what the fuck is the point of having a 2 frame gif for the head only? If this actually happens(which I very much so doubt) it wont be a 2 frame animation because that's useless, the head avatar has more frames than that.
And yes, it would be expensive, look at joint textures right now, full 128, the lowest resolution, is 1,000,000 tc. Why would AN ANIMATED TEXTURE be worth something like a 512 head is(20k)?

And for the last point, did you not see the new massive feature in v4.7? We have 3D models now, the possibilities are endless with that. We can have skeletons, and skulls, we can have belts, and better hair. The last thing we need now is animated textures, especially because 2 frames isn't going to do anything, if you actually look at gif's they aren't 2 frames, that's one small twitch.

and with that, I bid you farewell and stop paying attention to this thread because it has no rational reason other than "I want it"

Originally Posted by Butler153 View Post
This board is for brainstorming and discussion.

...Which is what we are doing. "Discussing."
The first flame I ever had caused massive amounts of lag and made the dojo barely visible, I played with numerous admins while I had that and none of them cared. You don't realize you can turn flames off so that rule doesn't apply.

Just because they didn't care at the time doesn't mean that they are not against the rules
to have.
...You're just reaffirming that you would also be able to turn these animated textures off.
Second, what the fuck is the point of having a 2 frame gif for the head only?

I do agree that my suggestion of a two frame animation is highly limited, but it could
just as well be 3-10 frames. I'm a former pixel animator and I have decent knowledge on
animation, so I know that you can create great animation with a small amount of frames.
Since I only suggested it for the head texture, there are many practical animations you
could input into your face and your obscure features.
And yes, it would be expensive, look at joint textures right now, full 128, the lowest resolution, is 1,000,000 tc. Why would AN ANIMATED TEXTURE be worth something like a 512 head is(20k)

It is opinionated on what everyone thinks is "expensive."
Those "expensive" items exist, and people buy them pretty frequently...
Just because you may not be able to afford, or wouldn't commit to buying them, doesn't
mean that others won't either. Again, this is just your opinion on price and value.
And for the last point, did you not see the new massive feature in v4.7? We have 3D models now, the possibilities are endless with that.

Yes, I am quite aware of the 3D feature, but I do not have the resources, nor the ability
to create a fitting 3D model for my tori, and I will assume that a majority of the community
doesn't either. An animated head texture is far simpler to create.
It has no rational reason other than "I want it."

I'm pretty sure many people have provided lots of "rational reasons" on this thread.
This is a Suggestions & Ideas thread, wanting and exploring those desires is part of improvement
and discovering new and different elements.

Lazors Moderated Message:
Note to all- You don't need to discuss what belongs here and what doesn't. Let the mods take care of moderation.
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 30, 2014 at 06:19 PM.
I agree with this if it's incredibly expensive to get, and I doubt it would create more lag than a flame, it could be only a gif with a max of 2-3 images that switch between each other from time to time.
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 31, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Originally Posted by Asshat96 View Post
I agree with this if it's incredibly expensive to get, and I doubt it would create more lag than a flame, it could be only a gif with a max of 2-3 images that switch between each other from time to time.

5-10 images sounds better. 2-3 is just a slight twitch