Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Multiplayer layout redesign [Rev05]
Hi folks!
Even if i'm not a champion in the game, i really love Toribash and the community that has born around it.
So, a few days ago i was looking for some rooms and then had a vision.
Now that Toribash is on Steam and is even more popular than before, what would be like a user interface upgrade?
So i moved on my laptop and started crafting some buttons, tabs, windows etc... at the end i got this. Which is only the very very very first wip of what a real redesign could be like.
Tell me what do you think, any tips is welcome and appreciated!

V0



I'm actually thinking about replacing the options-bar (belt restricted etc) with flags to check.. maybe more intuitive?

Let your ideas flow in your mind!
And of course, thanks for your time

P.S.: I'm noticing that colors are darker than expected, i'll fix that soon (done)


-------------- Newer versions ------------------

Rev5: Search bar (finally!), friends/buddy icon, improved shadows, filter options fixed, just one more entry.


(click to view at full-size)

Old presentation




Rev4: New color scheme (thanks to Sir), Tori logo added, NewRoom and Back changed (again), even more entries.




Rev3: Can we just skip this? ok...



Rev2: Even more bright colors, added rooms, scaled down some texts, improved NewRoom and Back buttons.



Rev1: Brightened some colors, added rooms, fixed distances, improved Enter button, selected room, NewRoom and Back icons.

Last edited by LordLucas; Sep 15, 2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Rev5
They will probably update that in future updates but it probably wont look this nice. I do like this lay out though. Especially the filter options on the top.

-Supported
blue
pink
Wow guys! 15min and already 2 appreciations??
Really didnt expect that, i'm happy you like it
Tomorrow i'll upload the new version (brighter colors, more entries, some fixes about distances, etc..) i'm actually working on.
Your support is reeeeally appreciated
I thought it was a file of some type at first lol. But j believe they'll be doing something like this for 5.0
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I thought it was a file of some type at first lol. But j believe they'll be doing something like this for 5.0

Where have you heard this? Mind bringing up a quote?
The whole thing is beautiful, actually. It's just a pleasure to look at.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
That looks pretty cool ;o

Thanks man!
Still lot of things to change but i'm glad you all like the general aspect
But... it doesn't suit the Toribash style. Like, at all.
Other than that, I don't really see that much difference (except for changed position of server view options and the room detail section which both look good), it's mostly just the fancy OSX-like buttons and stuff :o

Minbelt displayed as a color is probably not a good idea too.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
But... it doesn't suit the Toribash style. Like, at all.
Other than that, I don't really see that much difference (except for changed position of server view options and the room detail section which both look good), it's mostly just the fancy OSX-like buttons and stuff :o

Minbelt displayed as a color is probably not a good idea too.

Actually, i cant find any graphic style in the multiplayer section in Toribash. Its just text floating around and old-school button laying somewhere.
Anyway, i'm still working on giving to the design a lot more "personality". This is just a wip and this is just the beginning.
The layout is quite completely set and that's what i'm asking opinions about.

P.S.: Why do you think that colors for belt arent' a good idea? (i've already done an alternative version which i'll upload with the next update)
P.S.: Why do you think that colors for belt arent' a good idea? (i've already done an alternative version which i'll upload with the next update)

Too many different colors displayed at once usually ruins any design that is based on 2-3 main colors. You either make something that looks like a rainbow or stick to only some colors and their tones, if needed.


Toribash regularly uses 4 colors: white, black, torired (#940000) and toriblue (#29A8DB). Font is Badaboom BB (we use a changed version that supports more characters but I suppose English is enough for you).
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Too many different colors displayed at once usually ruins any design that is based on 2-3 main colors. You either make something that looks like a rainbow or stick to only some colors and their tones, if needed.


Toribash regularly uses 4 colors: white, black, torired (#940000) and toriblue (#29A8DB). Font is Badaboom BB (we use a changed version that supports more characters but I suppose English is enough for you).

Ok, i see your point.
Thanks for the hex code, really appreciated ;)
Rev3 before the end of the day.