ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Replay folders
Thread has been merged with similar threads. This thread is for replay folders strictly, any other sorting suggestions should not be merged.

Originally Posted by Dscigs
Instead of having to have the replay files placed directly into the replay folder, implement integrated folder organization.

Ex.
Since lots of replays don't have the creators names in front of them, organizing them can get tedious, as you have no idea whose replays and are whose when looking directly at them via. toribash, making life infinitely harder.
Like this

Ass tier replay organizing

I mean I know whose these are, I've like memorized the names, but you get the point, you can't have hundreds of replays sitting there unnamed, it's confusing.
I have folders setup in the replay folder, but it doesn't entirely help, as I still have to cut/paste the replays every time I want to use them.

Exhibit A

Why not just make it possible to open folders through toribash, instead of having to go through the pain-staking process of copying and pasting them.
I'm not a code junkie, but I don't think that it would be too difficult to do this. Would solve a lot of problems, make replay viewing both easier and less frustrating.
Pbiz help thanks.

Original OP

big

Organizing folders and putting stuff in them makes computer enviorment ALOT easier, so i drew around in paint this lovely pic you can add folders, highlight and delete folders, i really want this so i wanted to know how you think about this, and also, when u press + it should be able to be shown in intro when u open tb, or for the - the oppisite, or someting else if u think im stupid
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
This is greatly needed, in my opinion.

A drag 'n drop feature for this would be cool too.

I have too many replays for me to enjoy them anymore.
BAD LUCK
Yeah, there should also be some delete replay button to, because i dont like going down into the deeps of my Cp to delete A replay! <:P
Replay "Sets" or whatever.
So, you have a lot of replays, both SP and MP. You don't like having all that clutter in your replay folder. Sure, you could sort them by adding tags at the beginning, but you still have a lot of replays with the same tags. You think: "Hey, there should totally be an easier way to access the replay(s) I want to edit/watch!" So, my suggesting is to be able to put your replays into different folders/sets. For instance, you could name one "MP Spars" and another "Madmen" and of course they could get more specific, etc.

Now you may be thinking, "Is it really that much of a hassle to just type a letter and take you to that section of the alphabet?" And to that I may reply "Well, good sir, it isn't really
that much of a hassle, but wouldn't it just be more neat and pleasing to your OCD to have just 8-9 folders/sets to go to instead?" and then you say "I suppose so."

You see, just like the sets that you may put your inventory to group your items, these sets/folders would work the same way. Also you can think of the little folders on your ipod/iphone/ipad etc. that you can sort your apps with. Not really
needed, but aesthetically pleasing and an easy way of grouping.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion? Do you support it?

Lastly, this could already exist without me knowing, or suggested before this post, in which case, I just wasted 20 minutes writing this out when I could have been doing something more productive.
Teh Ennd.
Your pal,
crith
The plan with the replay organization is to move them to the customs folder.

So all your replays/music/shaders are located in customs and downloaded using /dl.

This way you can check/share other peoples replays easier.

I can add subfolder browsing to the replay window too, that shouldn't be too hard.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
The plan with the replay organization is to move them to the customs folder.

So all your replays/music/shaders are located in customs and downloaded using /dl.

This way you can check/share other peoples replays easier.

I can add subfolder browsing to the replay window too, that shouldn't be too hard.

Wait so at some point in the future we can explore another persons custom folder for music, shaders and replays?

Either way since you say it shouldn't be too hard I guess we can expect some kind of drag and drop update sometime in the near future.
Originally Posted by Isolations View Post
Wait so at some point in the future we can explore another persons custom folder for music, shaders and replays?

Yes, thats the plan. I also want to add subscriptions so you get notified when players you are following updates their customs, do a new replay, posts a new shader etc.

There are players who's replay and textures I want to keep following.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Yes, thats the plan. I also want to add subscriptions so you get notified when players you are following updates their customs, do a new replay, posts a new shader etc.

There are players who's replay and textures I want to keep following.

So would you lets say you were playing a match of wushu with someone. Would you be able to just click their username drop down menu and there would be a "Subscribe" option?

That would be great.
Replay organization
I know this has already been suggested, but I sort of don't want to find the thread/ last thread wasn't really clear.
Instead of having to have the replay files placed directly into the replay folder, implement integrated folder organization.

Ex.
Since lots of replays don't have the creators names in front of them, organizing them can get tedious, as you have no idea whose replays and are whose when looking directly at them via. toribash, making life infinitely harder.
Like this

Ass tier replay organizing

I mean I know whose these are, I've like memorized the names, but you get the point, you can't have hundreds of replays sitting there unnamed, it's confusing.
I have folders setup in the replay folder, but it doesn't entirely help, as I still have to cut/paste the replays every time I want to use them.

Exhibit A

Why not just make it possible to open folders through toribash, instead of having to go through the pain-staking process of copying and pasting them.
I'm not a code junkie, but I don't think that it would be too difficult to do this. Would solve a lot of problems, make replay viewing both easier and less frustrating.
Pbiz help thanks.
Last edited by Dscigs; Aug 1, 2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: fuk da titel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by hampa Oct 14, 2012

Originally Posted by Dscigs Jul 01, 2014
I'm not a code junkie, but I don't think that it would be too difficult to do this.

try to guess what the answer is based on hampa's post date
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15