Ranking
Original Post
(T5R) The 5 Rings

Story: T5R stands for "the five rings". In this clan, we are dedicated to the school and teachings of Miyamoto Musashi, the most legendary swordsman in history, who, through his endeavours, amounted a perfect record of over 60 duels in mortal combat against other skilled martial arts practitioners. We aim to encroach his teachings to those who are deserving of it as our philosophy is not for the feint hearted. Our goal is to enact the way of the five rings adapting techniques from 5 different books - Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Void. Our warriors are bred to be the most indomitable fighters and must practice often. The disciples of the five rings are truly fierce and ruthless as is the way of strategy. Through generations, the way of strategy has not been depicted in such a perfect way like Musashi's and requires deep thought to acknowledge fully. Our philosophy is to master the way of strategy and soar through the masses with our expertise. The five rings as a clan has been involved in many wars and battles. Preceding the battle of Sekigahara where over 88,000 men were vanquished in the most gruesome and blood-ridden battle of the ages,

the five rings were established in order to prevent such chaos being unleashed again. The five rings began with 5 masters who were respectively excellent in their 5 respective ways of strategy, being Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Void. Each master controlled a segregated faction under the same rule, where a group of several disciples were designated for each master. The clan was structured in a way that was like no other, and missions that ensued were to be completed without fail. We work in close contact with the elders and monarchs of the land to maintain righteous rule amongst a hellish place. In order to be a disciple of the five rings, you must be a battle-hardened veteran with experience in many realms. Your mental and physical fortitude must be unbreakable and unbendable, and your will must be like that of an ox's neck, and a rat's head. As a recruit, you will have to train until you are cleared as useful in wars and battles, or show your expertise elsewhere.

VOID FIRE EARTH WATER AIR

Treat people with respect & dignity
Participate in wars
Don't flame in game
Don't risk spoiling clan reputation

Last edited by Doom9; Mar 25, 2023 at 07:40 AM.
I've read the way of the warrior, but haven't gotten around to the five rings.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I've read the way of the warrior, but haven't gotten around to the five rings.

It's a life changing book if you apply its teachings, I feel it is similar to the art of war by sun tzu, but slightly differing in favourable ways imo