ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Reducing banned player's rank
If someone gets a ban he has his ratio reduced.

Get rid of "ranking farmers" from the global ranking

The ranking will be more fair.

?cool
Selling tc via paypal , pm me
If your banned you cant play the game on your main account, I think thats enough torture :3
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
If your banned you cant play the game on your main account, I think thats enough torture :3

That's not the point. It's for other people to have a chance against these farmers, because the top spots are already taken by people who didn't deserve it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Tell us who farmed their ranks and their ELO will be reset.
I actually did this with 4 users from the global top today.
If this was implemented strictly for farmers, I'd fully support this, but there are people who get banned for reasons not even related to game-play.

If you get banned for a day or however long for let's say too many infractions, you shouldn't get your ratio messed up because of it.
It seems like it would be too extreme of a punishment.

~Not supported
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Tell us who farmed their ranks and their ELO will be reset.
I actually did this with 4 users from the global top today.

http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php?modname=

As I can see they have they ratio reseted but they are still having high ranks.
Will it change?

Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
If this was implemented strictly for farmers, I'd fully support this, but there are people who get banned for reasons not even related to game-play.

If you get banned for a day or however long for let's say too many infractions, you shouldn't get your ratio messed up because of it.
It seems like it would be too extreme of a punishment.

~Not supported

Ofcourse it should depends on the ban reason.
Anyway from my point of view this extra punishment would be fine for everyone who breaks rules
Last edited by Owca; Oct 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Selling tc via paypal , pm me
It'd certainly make receiving bans less desireable, because right now, users don't give a toss a lot of the time.

And yeah ^

If you're getting banned for too many infractions then you're doing something wrong.
Players who's ELO are reset to 1600 will remain on the top of the leaderboard for a small period of time, but yes that is remedied, no worries.

And much like Fish said: simply having ELO decay in an appropriate manner would address what you're talking about. It also in a way promotes being active which of course is nice... because we want to give thumbs up to people who play Toribash.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
You still have a chance to pass them in rank if they aren't active in game. If they aren't playing (or banned) they don't have a chance to rank up so there are still people passing them which helps you.