Ranking
Original Post
"Call mod" button
[Warning: This suggestion maybe was suggested before,I'm not sure so I need someone to verify if it was already suggested or not,Thank you.]
What I'm thinking about is that you add a in-game/forums button where allows you to call any online moderator in PM/Instant in-game chat...
For In-game,It would be something like "Xxxx needs a moderator in Xxxx"
For e.g..
"NoKi1119 needs a moderator in GmBets"
But in forums,It would be something like a PM or a pop-up window.
This would be even faster way to call mods in emergency instead of pm's or IRC,Which can save time,And only allowed to call a moderator once/twice per day,Or a week.
Maybe an in-game way of contacting IRC.
That would be extremely helpful!
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
There have been many times where I've been in need of a GM but not really an instant way of contacting them, because having a web browser open as well as Toribash makes my games lag a bit, so I can't really use IRC.

~Supported
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
This is a really good suggestion in calling GM's incase of emergency
Supported
RIP
[Suki] SUGOI ULTRA KAWAII IDOLS
You do know this will have no one at the other end of it for long periods right?
We do have lives beyond TB, hence the way things are handled currently. Between jobs, school, college, uni most the staff only have a few hours a day to do all their stuff.
This would require that there's people there 24/7, and that aint gonna happen.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
You do know this will have no one at the other end of it for long periods right?
We do have lives beyond TB, hence the way things are handled currently. Between jobs, school, college, uni most the staff only have a few hours a day to do all their stuff.
This would require that there's people there 24/7, and that aint gonna happen.

Originally Posted by Noki1119
where allows you to call any online moderator

If there was no online moderator,Then a PM will be sent to only one moderator who gets online,And this "calling" message can only stay 2 hours,So it has it's own period,When the time passes,The message won't be sent to any moderator and gets automatic-ly deleted.
And from my experience the past few days,I've seen few moderators who is simply active for hours,Such as holotor/ishi etc.
What I'm trying to point out is that this calling message will not stay for a day,After the two hours it gets deleted,And the player can send once again the later day,Or just go into IRC,Since there are number of moderators in the IRC,As I said in the first post it may just send them a pop-out window just as how when you get a new message a window pops up,Very simple.
What about those of us who are connected 24/7 even though we're not here? That'll just result in things getting dumped on people who aren't available.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It would be awesome! But it would be like a maximum amount of how many times you can call a day, And then if the moderators is in the middle of something, could they have like a "skip" button.

- Supported
May the force be with you :3
as I suggested earlier on a different thread, they can use it as an ingame broadcast for GMs that are online. otherwise since it's an ingame broadcast they can keep a log of all the previous ones right before they got online so they can help out if they miss it
-----
also only admins can see it so its not bothering regular players
Last edited by Mystery; Feb 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Although it sounds like a very great idea, I gotta side with skul here. It often happens that gm's are online yet afk. That would be a major drawback to this feature if added. And if a single afk gm is online for a long duration, the requests will just pile up.
Nub.