Ranking
Original Post
New game mode: Multiple turn commitment at once.
I don't know if this is possible for TB or even TBN. but it would be beneficial.
What I want:

a game mode where players get to Commit 2 turns before they see what their opponent did. so that the players don't have super reaction times.

in a 10 turn frame match, starting at 500.

I commit a move and space, I see my player move but I wouldn't see what my opponent did. and my opponent wouldn't see what I have done.
we both continue to commit another move and space again.
then our characters would go back to their frame 500 positions, and commit both turns at once.

Why I want this:

A problem I face in competitive realism mods (where the tf is 5) is that my opponent has too much time to react to my strikes. making them really easy to avoid or block.
making any strong attack is nearly impossible to land against a good opponent.
Which isn't the case in real life.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
It would be really cool to see, but it has a near 0% chance of being implemented.

Maybe in tbn there'll be a no ghost mode so a similar thing could be achieved

I know what you mean and I think an alternate - more practical solution would be to just bump up the turn frames.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
If someone bugs me about it so I remember I’ll make a script that does this

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
If someone bugs me about it so I remember I’ll make a script that does this

I doubt you can.
But give me your discord so I can bug you.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
BigBoyPants#3300

I’m not sure how many details of the next update have been publicly disclosed but I may wait until whenever that is to see if that makes it any easier.

You’d both have to run the script at once right now and agree to the game mode which isn’t ideal but if it’s something you really want it can be done with the current sdk

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Ok I wrote this up while in lecture : )

Press q to save moves, press n to delete the last move saved. When you press space for the first time the script will reset you joints to the first move saved and perform that, then it will change your joints state to the ones saved second, pressing space again will cause the script to change to the third move after and so on as long as there are moves saved... in theory. As of right now there's no way that I'm aware of to force input so this script essentially runs on the honor system that no one changes their moves before hitting space again. Y'all will both have to agree to use the script and to how many moves yall wanna do in between each set of inputs before hand.

lmk if you have any questions or bugs, I might go back and change it a bit but I kinda wanna see what 5.44 brings first.

Attached Files
multiturn.lua (2.5 KB, 4 views)

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Supported.
This is certainly a problem in the mma mod, which I assume you are talking about, but increasing the turn frames makes it too hard to balance and set up proper strikes. This would be a really nice option that would allow you to continue to use precise moves and stay balanced, but stop it from being so easy to defend everything, so we would probably see some much more interesting moves being used.