ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL]/[WIP] LOL-nade
GRENADE TIME.

lolnade, the grenade of toribash. boy this is going to be fun

what this is:
a grenade that has a "pin", a smoking fuse (which, by the way, depends on the color of you blood. void blood makes black smoke and pure blood makes white smoke), and a HUGE explosion radius.

how it works:
so basicly, i move the left hand close to the right hand. i make the hand a ball, and the joint on top. then i make an instagib object that is touching the grenade. this cuts it off from the other part of the left arm. it also DMs the wrist, making it "smoke" like a real grenade.

then you throw it...

then you click on it to make it explode...

really idiotproof. not like some of my other mods

things for the future:
a way to dodge the LOL-nade, or mayby hit it with the tricept
finetuning of stuff

ok so i posted the mod, a couple of screenshots , and a replay. PLEASE LOOK AT THEM.

comments plox? and could someone post a screenshot with shaders on?

EDIT: sorry about the mod, forgot to change it to .tbm. im assuming you know how.

EDIT: ok i updated the mods. HAVE FUN
Attached Images
lolnade1.jpg (50.5 KB, 123 views)
LOLnade2.jpg (55.6 KB, 118 views)
LOLnade3.jpg (39.8 KB, 107 views)
Attached Files
lolnade.tbm (1.3 KB, 47 views)
lolnade1.tbm (1.3 KB, 32 views)
Last edited by blkk; Feb 13, 2009 at 03:05 AM.
- its been a while
most sorry. here you go:

sorry for the inconvience
Attached Files
LOLnade.tbm (1.2 KB, 55 views)
- its been a while
thx...

try using shift-space to un-blow-up the nade right after. that way a big boulder wont be sitting their in the middle of the screen.

lol 1 minuet passed

any suggestions?
- its been a while
LOL nice grenade dude... forgot about hand textures.

yes it can be fixed. the reason why he cant drop it becuase its still connected to the other side of him. his left arm. i just have to add the "pin" to his side, and he'll be able the throw it too.

*starts typing into computer*

there you go.

oh and heres a kick-asss replay of me. CATCHING THE GRENADE.

EDIT:and ive relaised my replay was buggy, so i reloaded it. sorry for the 7 people who viewed it..
Attached Files
LOLnade.tbm (1.3 KB, 31 views)
0lolnade2.rpl (105.3 KB, 27 views)
Last edited by blkk; Feb 5, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
- its been a while
I like this mod, especially the backwards force applied to the grenade when it "explodes". This way I made a replay where I catch the grenade flying back to me.
Originally Posted by BladeNin
Is he a player or a monster?

ok ive made an update to lolnade. no more ridiculously large plosion radius. D8. sorry, but it made it outragously hard to block. and i added a diffusing stick, which you use to hit the gernade away from you. it can also be used to run away. don't worry, its light

this way, people can play it in multiplayer, because it actuallly takes skill to play. whoever throws first is not the first to win. if you take longer time to throw, you insure i faster, more accurate throw, thats much harder to block/avoid.

have fun. 8D. please redownload.

ALSO, some im making lolnadeMK2.

notice how the first grenade looks something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mi...B036_SGM-2.jpg
its like a classic pineapple-and-pin american grenade.

mk2 will (hopefully) look something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M24_1.JPG
the classic German stick grenade model 24

or the French percussion grenade:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fr...on_grenade.jpg

this will not replace previous lolnade. its just... different. maybe not as good but i dont know.

the grenade:
"detonates upon impact with the target"
more damage/power
less explosion area
unable to be rolled towards enemy
possible (althoughdsaa only pros can do it) to catch it
cannot be remote detonated
you have 2
a bit heavier than the first lolnade.

ill be updating it soon here.

----------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------

ok made the mod. i think its cooler than LOLnade1, but harder to play. and it does MASSIVE damage. unfortunatly, its pretty hard to hit someone, i might have to reduce the engagedistance to 350.

yup here you have it, the mod and a replay, and some screenes. (shoudl i post this in another thread cuase its essentially another mod.)

comments plox. and can someone post in shaders?

EDIT: and i changed the file name, becuase the two versions of lolnade1 should be seperated. so now there lolnade, and lolnade 1.1

EDIT: and i noticed that lolnade 2 screws my comp up when the two grenades hit each other.... it produces a HUGE explosion and makes toribash fail. so word of warning: DO NOT contract pecs at the same time.... it will kill your toirbash. im trying to get this fixed.

-----------------------------------EDIT------------------------------

ok so im considering making a multiplayer one but i dont know if its a good idea... its rather hard to throw grenades unless the timeframes is like 5, and you dont know when your going to throw. so i cant maek it like 20,20,10,10,5,5 becuase its rather hard to throw it at that time period, and all the game is going to be is openers.

so i guess im not uploading it. post below if you disagree. post anyways, this edit buisness is really annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
LOLnadev2test.jpg   LOLnadev2test2.jpg   LOLnadev2test3.jpg  
Attached Files
lolnade2.tbm (2.6 KB, 26 views)
LOLnade1.1.tbm (1.3 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by blkk; Feb 6, 2009 at 02:19 AM.
- its been a while
just keeping blowing myself up, very hhard mod to use i think, the grenade just fall off, than in some weird way comes back and destroy me