Ranking
you can find someone that has the same skills you have in sparring , I did that with protonitron and I became from unskilled to average sparrer
I never forget.
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
Don't worry about trying to do tricks at all. First focus on how you move and how you stop moving or change direction. Once you know how your balance and momentum works flips will be easier and, most importantly, look more real. And if you can't work out which joints to move in which ways to shift your balance a certain way, just mimick the position yourself and see which way you lean (moving which joints) to shift your balance as well as how your balance shifts while doing certain actions. For example when you throw a punch your body will naturally find a well balanced but versatile position which let's you either balance after punching or to use the punch to move fast (the leg on the opposite side of the body to the punching fist goes forward so you can pivot around it, use it to shock absorb or step over it into a run or into another punch). If you try punching in toribash while standing straight upright you will have to do a lot to get your balance back afterwards.

I have probably gone into too much detail on punching, since this is only a tiny fraction of all the possible sparring manoeuvres. The point I am trying to make is that applying you actual muscle memory to toribash can really help you understand your tori. (When you try to shift your balance or direction in toribash this will be particularly useful, your lumbars and abs are a lot more useful than you might think).

I hope this helped.

Wow that did help thanks! I Never thought of it that way
-----
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Here's the RSO link.

http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Sorry about that XD. Also, I'm not sure how active the organization is.

Ok! Thanks For the help everyone! it means alot! thanks for the [RSO] Link
Last edited by DogSpike; Jan 9, 2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I the king of all Dogs
Me.
Cuz...
Well i'm pretty good in sparring , so yeah , i can help.
I can teach you a bit about balance.
Last edited by HawkeyeTFA; Jan 13, 2015 at 06:28 PM.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Ok! Where ya gonna be ill be on! In 24 hours i can just go on the forum i got homework to do D:
I the king of all Dogs