Ranking
Original Post
Make a Toribash Ad - Videomaking Event
Hi, I'm looking for some (relatively) short videos to use for Toribash ads.
Here's the idea - you make a Toribash video that fits the requirements and I give you rewards
Entries that I like enough to use for Toribash ads will receive extra prizes.

Requirements:

• 9:16 aspect ratio (1080x1920 resolution or higher)
    Yes, I need a VERTICAL video.
    You can make a horizontal video too, but I'm mainly looking for stuff that can be used in Instagram Stories / YT Shorts now - so don't be too upset if you don't get selected despite making a cool clip in classic aspec ratio.

• Shows off several different Toribash features
    Fighting, parkour, tricking, customizations, modding and so on - take your pick. You can focus on one aspect only but some versatility is preferred.

• No boring intros/outros
    Video needs to get right into action with Toris smashing each other / something happening - please add 10-second "NABI" splash screens or any other similar stuff.

• Royalty-free music only
    We don't have the funds to buy those juicy Kanye tracks from Donda so please only use free music.
    You can find some music here: https://www.bensound.com/

Some other notes that may be helpful:

• Text
    Don't go overboard with it. If you need to add text, make sure it doesn't look bland and that it's only a few words at a time.
    Make sure it's also relatively centered vertically - there are always some buttons both on bottom and top of the screen so there's a good chance of overlaying.

• Blood
    If you keep blood enabled in replays, make sure it's not all red - especially if you add some blood splatter effects like the old 3.6 trailer did. Go with some unrealistic colors (think Splatoon) so that those ultra smart indian algorithms don't instantly flag the vid as gore.

• You can try making some ultra weird video that doesn't fall under the standard ad video category, but it's got to be something that makes people go "wtf is this I got to check it out".

Existing Toribash trailers for reference

Prizes

Make a (subjectively) good video
As long as it's not a trashy meme, I'll likely consider it good

35,000 ToriCredits
5 Shiai Tokens

If your video is selected to be used for ads

350K ToriCredits
20 Shiai Tokens
Color pack of choice*
4 Glow Items of choice*

*(except Onyx and Diamond)

Deadline
September 1st, 2021
Last edited by sir; Aug 16, 2021 at 08:05 AM.
Uhm, interesting,
Does the video have to be a recording of the game or can it also be a 3d animation of toribash (exported with the script) and rendered in an external software?
If it is possible to use external software, a doubt arises: does the video have to faithfully represent the game or can you use effects / colors that are not present in the game? (eg. fluorescent / metallic material..)
You can use 3d animation software, but try to keep Toris close to how they look in game
although i like how you're planning to advertise and bring more people back to toribash, the prizes offered are wack ngl. you're asking for an actual ad to be made and used on various platforms and you're offering 10$ and some in-game items. offer up a real prize and people may be interested.

also slykuiper's trailer cannot be topped.
Originally Posted by poison View Post
although i like how you're planning to advertise and bring more people back to toribash, the prizes offered are wack ngl. you're asking for an actual ad to be made and used on various platforms and you're offering 10$ and some in-game items. offer up a real prize and people may be interested.

That's fair. Added more TC and a color pack to prizes, should be a bit better now.
Main reason there's no USD reward is because there are limited funds that can be spent on the ad campaign and I'd like to spend as much as we can into actual advertising.

If you're not interested in making a video for game currency/items only that's understandable, but unfortunately we're not currently in position where we can offer USD rewards on a free for all event.
Last edited by sir; Aug 16, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
To be honest if that brings more ppl in game, i don't really mind about prize.
As long as newer players comes in and make this community grow.
Sadly i don't have any skill in this kind of stuff, so all i have to say is Good luck guys make this ad awesome.
Why would humans have arms when they do have legs?
Got no entries so closing this, feel free to contact me directly if you end up making something and want a reward though