Ranking
Original Post
Friend System
I don't know how this could possibly be put into the game, but maybe there could be like a friends option in the gui menu when you start the game, then when you want to add someone as friend you could type /add friend username or right click their name or something, of course the other person would recieve it as a friend request and then they could accept or deny it. I think it would be really cool to have this option, because then you could have like and invite option or something. If any of you want to add onto this feel free.
I would actually like to see this fixed. When I enter the game, I usually search for some people to play with. Ctrl + B would be so much better instead of frantically /sa'ing.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There's already a buddies list (/ab name, /lb), I can't find a way to search for people using it though.
As flow said there is buddy system already, but it's very poor imo!

This is a good suggestion and should be implemented for sure!

Tired of /sa'ing people always. This suggestion +1!
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=172437

Case closed. (I sure hope it still works...)
Anyhow, since TB now is available through Steam...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=172437

Case closed. (I sure hope it still works...)
Anyhow, since TB now is available through Steam...

This case cannot be closed by simply giving us a link to this, because what if we meet someone that is new to the game, and they like the game, most new members aren't going to remember a single person they meet. No one remembers who the first people they meet when they play games. If we meet someone new in the game and wil like them, then we can tell them what buttons to press to add us as a friend, so they can grow with us in-game, and we can show them around the forums. I believe toribash will make major growth with my idea. And as you have seen from above many others would to. You also seen that most of them have played this game a while too, they didn't even know about the buddy system you mentioned. At least I don't think most of them did. Also I don't play on steam, and new players aren't going to think to ask for that person's steam, they are frustrated trying to learn how the game works atm. That being said if a new person is playing with one of us more experienced players, then we can be sure that the new player will most likely be sticking around.
-----
I was also just looking through the post on the thread link you gave us... and noticed that not a single person in that thread was below brown belt, this is not a very good program, and no one has ever mentioned it to me. I am not trying to dis you or anything, I just think something that is built into the game toribash would be much better than something someone else has made and not many people know about.
Last edited by 3nKB; Feb 24, 2017 at 01:00 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by 3nKB View Post
This case cannot be closed by simply giving us a link to this, because what if we meet someone that is new to the game, and they like the game, most new members aren't going to remember a single person they meet. No one remembers who the first people they meet when they play games. If we meet someone new in the game and wil like them, then we can tell them what buttons to press to add us as a friend, so they can grow with us in-game, and we can show them around the forums. I believe toribash will make major growth with my idea. And as you have seen from above many others would to. You also seen that most of them have played this game a while too, they didn't even know about the buddy system you mentioned. At least I don't think most of them did. Also I don't play on steam, and new players aren't going to think to ask for that person's steam, they are frustrated trying to learn how the game works atm. That being said if a new person is playing with one of us more experienced players, then we can be sure that the new player will most likely be sticking around.
-----
I was also just looking through the post on the thread link you gave us... and noticed that not a single person in that thread was below brown belt, this is not a very good program, and no one has ever mentioned it to me. I am not trying to dis you or anything, I just think something that is built into the game toribash would be much better than something someone else has made and not many people know about.

Well, back to the more serious part of my answer; TB is on steam, and users should make use of the features they are given. You could add other players to your steam friends list, which would fix almost every aspect of the lack of a friends list within TB with the exception that there has yet to be added a "join game" directly from the steam friends list.

And don't get me started on user groups on the forum, which is another way to do it, with the additional functionality of joining your friends game.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
No friend request. Very spamming.
Buddy system needs some improvement like sorting by name/online/ofline/etc as serverlist.
i agree with xbcz, there is the 'buddy' system however as other people said above it's very poor, needs a sorting and search feature as such. would be a great improvement, as well as if not already added a "join" button that allows you to join the server and such they are in
I hope that the staff are taking into consideration what we are saying because I would love to see all of these things put in and worked on.