ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Needs To Change
I am one of the few people left in toribash because of love for the game and forums, rather than the love of credits. I have neard stories of the good old days where people played for fun, had no desperation for toricredits.
Also, we need more organised servers, with public servers like rk-mma, aikidobogdjo and other popular mods. This would bring the fun back to the game, and also a good idea would be for clans to buy a server which is premaritally there, named with the clan name and only members of that clan could join.
Last edited by Lazors; May 3, 2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Edited out the go back to paying part
you should pay 20k

Where would that 20k come from if you're doing away with TC-making places altogether?
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
Where would that 20k come from if you're doing away with TC-making places altogether?

I see your point, this would make the demand for tc even bigger, but at the same time it reduces the inflation, and that is a good thing.

Maybe if it was a bit like official clans, that you'd have to apply for it, and if the server isn't active enough, it would be removed.
You would still have to have a fine, though, not to waste the staff's time with useless apps from completely unknown clans.

But in general, i like the idea.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I think the real problem here is that Swaves wants something for Toribash that a lot of other players would be against. I don't think Toribash will ever take away TC making places. The way I see it, TC will always be part of this game. It's just like people doing their job. They earn and love their job at the same time, but some people do it just for the money. We just have to make Toribash enjoyable for guys like Swaves who are after fun, and those who are after the TC.
a spoon.
it doesn't need to change. if anything, it needs to stay the same. however, it's our instinct to not appreciate the value of something until it's taken away from us. so it's understandable as to why you've brought this up.
it's simply great how it is. no need for change.
I agree to some extent, but that shouldn't mean we should stop improving. Refinement is something necessary, in my opinion.
Though, i don't really see your point. Are you talking about the value of TC, or the value of the game itself?

It's fun how one of the most discussionable suggestion isn't in Suggestions.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
I am one of the few people left in toribash because of love for the game and forums, rather than the love of credits.

No you're not. Most people only concern themselves with the forum. Don't think you're the only "true" fan of toribash. It's just ignorant to think that.

Besides, what's the problem with playing for credits? It's what keeps players around. If customization was only obtained through QI, there would be way more QI farming.
Wait, what?
Why does everyone think that it's a question between removing or keeping TC?
Who said we're gonna remove TC? Who said we're gonna "make stuff free"? Who said "we have to make Toribash cost money"?
The point isn't to remove TC entirely, it is to get players to treasure other values.
Now will everybody please focus on the actual suggestion, instead of the examples.
Originally Posted by JayStar
What's the problem with playing for credits?

Finally a sane question.
In my somewhat biased opinion (i never have any TCs, and don't care enough to get them), playing for TC is like paying for crops on Farmville. If your objective is to grow crops, and the game can do it for you, it does give you a sense of completeness, but a very cheap, and a not so lasting one. Playing for TC is about the same, you can trash a joint and throw it out of the ring, but what does that really mean in the sense of accomplishment?
I don't want to be that scrub saying GAY SHUVEL every time he loses to a dm, but if you're so happy about winning a duel that you don't care about the game, you might as well buy the damn TC.

And that is why i, at least, am suggesting alternate rewards.
Last edited by Lazors; May 1, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
While I agree that there should be more public servers(tourneys pls?), everything else is a moot point. People want to buy qi? Let them. Who's it hurting? Certainly not you, and it gets a nice profit for Nabi. In conclusion, more servers less whining. ~Cheers
Preposterously dank.
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
While I agree that there should be more public servers(tourneys pls?), everything else is a moot point. People want to buy qi? Let them. Who's it hurting? Certainly not you, and it gets a nice profit for Nabi. In conclusion, more servers less whining. ~Cheers

i agree the bigger problem in my honest opinion is the stuff in the market being 1000 times its shop value. I understand inflation is mandatory for profits but 500% profits are too greedy.having said that i dont see an easy solution to this problem but im way off topic....
Originally Posted by miroku3000 View Post
i agree the bigger problem in my honest opinion is the stuff in the market being 1000 times its shop value. I understand inflation is mandatory for profits but 500% profits are too greedy.having said that i dont see an easy solution to this problem but im way off topic....

You don't have to buy the items that are in the market, it is all up to you on how much you spend and don't want to spend
A hasbeen like the rest