Toribash
Tbh I don't recommend X99 to everyone. It is really dependive from your usage. If you just play video games go for a Z170 platform with a 6700k. LGA 1151 supports DDR3 and DDR4, so you have to watch out which motherboard you buy. Z170 boards are much cheaper than X99 boards, you can save about 100$ and put them in your GPU. LinusTechTips made a really good video about this topic, I'll link it here for you.

The conclusion would be the following :
5820k = gaming, streaming, video editing, multi GPU (more PCIe lanes)
6700k = a little stronger for gaming and less power consumption, but slower in multithread operations.

To your overclocking thing : every modern Intel CPU should be able to hit 4,5Ghz easily, just buy a 20-30$ CPU fan (beQuiet! Pure Rock, Arctic Freezer 13, Coolermaster Hyper T4, EKL Alpenföhn Brocken, EKL Ben Nevis).

Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
I prefer Corsair fans The cheaper PSUs they have are shit but their other products are great ;) The more expensive PSUs are actually good though. It would be a shame if someone bought a Titan X then had a PSU blow it up XD And like I said I'll be doing more than gaming so X99 will probably be better for my build. @Neko how much? I'll be buying a capture card also. I was also choosing between ASRock X99 Extreme4 or MSI X99S SLI Plus. Thoughts? I might lean towards the MSI idk.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
I prefer Corsair fans The cheaper PSUs they have are shit but their other products are great ;) The more expensive PSUs are actually good though. It would be a shame if someone bought a Titan X then had a PSU blow it up XD And like I said I'll be doing more than gaming so X99 will probably be better for my build. @Neko how much? I'll be buying a capture card also. I was also choosing between ASRock X99 Extreme4 or MSI X99S SLI Plus. Thoughts? I might lean towards the MSI idk.

Why the fuck do you need an x99 board?
Because of the load my computer will take? Didn't you read what I'll be using this for? Is an X99 too overkill or something?
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Because of the load my computer will take? Didn't you read what I'll be using this for? Is an X99 too overkill or something?

Yes. I am playing on dual 1440 monitors, and I am on an i7 4790k and SLI 980s. Both of which are overkill for basically every single game I play. I also regularly stream at 1080,60fps and do some rendering. I can guarantee that this thing you are getting is a huge waste of money for what you are doing. PM me or find me in the IRC if you want some help making a new part list, which I highly recommend you do.

Also check out #reddit-bapc4me, where I am a mod.
Here is original thread Kyure http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=511996

If you use reddit then take everything posted there with a grain of salt, most of the builds posted there are not good lol. Beware!
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Oct 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
No that's The Beast. A different Build Concept. I am currently making a Practical Computer. And Kyure I prefer talking here so I can look back on your advice when choosing parts :P So what motherboard do you suggest then? And is 1080p@60fps even allowed on Twitch if your not partnered lol? I think 1080p@30fps is the limit Twitch set for non-partners.
Yeah I haven't really worked on The Beast since May. This Practical Computer has been my focus for quite a bit now.
Bump. Just wanted to say my SSD is M.2-2280 and the MSI supports M.2 while the ASRock supports Ultra M.2. Which would work? MSI right? And X99 is needed for DDR4 I think or needed for other parts I have because the filter is only showing X99s.