Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA



If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.
Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Is this supposed to be a comment on what I said?

Yes, you said you wanted singleplayer. Since we already have freeplay, I didn't think you could be talking about anything other than AI, but if you have a different idea, feel free to explain it.
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
I've put thousands of hours into the game over 8 years and having tested an alpha version I am not bothered by this.

i don't get what you do not understand lmfao


god damn u all are really unable to comprehend something more than 1 sentence so here


i have put thousands of hours into this game over 7 years and have not tested an alpha version so i don't know if the game feels like it should or not


simple enough in the event of u not being able to understand this i honestly don't even know what do to lol
macaroniandcheese.com
The game might feel different or it might feel similar, I don’t really see why it matters. People understand what you’re saying it’s just not a good point. What would be the point of making a new game if it played exactly the same? Hopefully it will feel better and more intuitive, there isn’t anything wrong with having to get the feel of things again, if anything it’d be a welcome change. They have play testers, play testers who have put thousands of hours into the game, for a reason.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by HAWK152 View Post
Yes, you said you wanted singleplayer. Since we already have freeplay, I didn't think you could be talking about anything other than AI, but if you have a different idea, feel free to explain it.

Freeplay is sp
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
The game might feel different or it might feel similar, I don’t really see why it matters. People understand what you’re saying it’s just not a good point. What would be the point of making a new game if it played exactly the same? Hopefully it will feel better and more intuitive, there isn’t anything wrong with having to get the feel of things again, if anything it’d be a welcome change. They have play testers, play testers who have put thousands of hours into the game, for a reason.


the point of making a new game and it feeling exactly the same is to fix the insane amount of technical issues the game currently has while retaining the feel it should have


i guess i don't understand any positive the game feeling different might have. it will certainly alienate some players and they will stay on older versions of toribash or just quit entirely, and nobody wants to spend time learning how to use every single joint just to perform basic motions so there's going to be barely any new players
Last edited by Derzai; May 15, 2019 at 03:09 PM.
macaroniandcheese.com
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Freeplay is sp

Exactly. You said 'a singleplayer version would be nice' so, since we already have freeplay (a singleplayer version) I thought your idea would be somthing different, like an AI opponent.



Are you instead asking for freeplay to be added to Toribash Next? If that is the case, I don't think it's necessary to ask that as it was probably the first mode to be added. In fact, I think it has already been used in some of the gameplay videos we have seen.


If both of my assumptions were wrong, I really don't understand what you were asking, so can you please explain?
Originally Posted by HAWK152 View Post
Exactly. You said 'a singleplayer version would be nice' so, since we already have freeplay (a singleplayer version) I thought your idea would be somthing different, like an AI opponent.



Are you instead asking for freeplay to be added to Toribash Next? If that is the case, I don't think it's necessary to ask that as it was probably the first mode to be added. In fact, I think it has already been used in some of the gameplay videos we have seen.


If both of my assumptions were wrong, I really don't understand what you were asking, so can you please explain?


for the public to get access to SP version before the whole game is finished.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
for the public to get access to SP version before the whole game is finished.

I suppose that would be quite easy to do and it would allow people to test how the joints work, but I think most people just want to play multiplayer. I think it would be a good idea if it allowed modders to start creating stuff before the game comes out. It would definitely help if the game launched with more than just the current official mods.
Originally Posted by Derzai View Post
the point of making a new game and it feeling exactly the same is to fix the insane amount of technical issues the game currently has while retaining the feel it should have


i guess i don't understand any positive the game feeling different might have. it will certainly alienate some players and they will stay on older versions of toribash or just quit entirely, and nobody wants to spend time learning how to use every single joint just to perform basic motions so there's going to be barely any new players

Why would you not just... fix the current game? Like why would you make a whole new game to fix bugs? I have also spent thousands of hours on this game, specifically because I enjoy using the joints, and learning to use the joints, I enjoy the process, so I can’t say I see a downside to more learning.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Why would you not just... fix the current game? Like why would you make a whole new game to fix bugs? I have also spent thousands of hours on this game, specifically because I enjoy using the joints, and learning to use the joints, I enjoy the process, so I can’t say I see a downside to more learning.


because u cannot fix the game with this current engine. literally the program itself cannot handle more than like 50 contacts. the game itself cannot handle when a leg is dismembered at the glute and you hold your hip, the shit glitches


and the downside to more learning is the same reason why this game is dying, why spend a year learning how to kind of move in toribash when u could spend 30 minutes learning how to play call of duty or some shit like that? you're looking at this whole thing from the perspective of a toribash player and there are like 30 toribash players left. people that want to spend their time learning something now don't have time to spend years on a game for no reward, they're going to spend time learning something they can use in their real life
macaroniandcheese.com