Toribash
Original Post
A little help please?
I accidentally set the resolution in a certain way, and now running the game crashes it before it can work. looks like this:
Attached Images
Screenshot (24).jpg (78.3 KB, 50 views)
Hey TehBoi567. I just managed to replicate your situation and crash Toribash on boot with a resolution that is too low. To resolve this I did the following:

• Right click Toribash in your Steam library and click Properties
  • In the General tab you should see Launch Options with a text box below it
  • In the text box type in "-w 1920" (without the quotation marks)
  • Exit Properties
  • Start Toribash
Note: You might be tempted to also set "-h 1080" in the launch options like I was, but that crashes Toribash too for whatever reason. I had luck with just setting "-w 1920"

That should force Toribash to start in at least a usable state. If Toribash starts but you are unable to access the settings menu because of weird scaling, you should at least be able to hit escape to view the current background replay and then type in the chat "/re 1920 1080" to change the resolution to something suitable.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Corey; Dec 11, 2022 at 05:59 AM. Reason: formatting
sorry.
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Hey TehBoi567. I just managed to replicate your situation and crash Toribash on boot with a resolution that is too low. To resolve this I did the following:

• Right click Toribash in your Steam library and click Properties
  • In the General tab you should see Launch Options with a text box below it
  • In the text box type in "-w 1920" (without the quotation marks)
  • Exit Properties
  • Start Toribash
Note: You might be tempted to also set "-h 1080" in the launch options like I was, but that crashes Toribash too for whatever reason. I had luck with just setting "-w 1920"

That should force Toribash to start in at least a usable state. If Toribash starts but you are unable to access the settings menu because of weird scaling, you should at least be able to hit escape to view the current background replay and then type in the chat "/re 1920 1080" to change the resolution to something suitable.

Hope this helps!

unfortunately, that didn't work for me.
how did you set the resolution? Was it like a hotkey, menu setting, miss click somewhere or what
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Things you can try:
1. Press ctrl + enter, change resolution in full screen
2. Open file temp.cfg from you toribash directory in any text editor, change fields width and height to 1280 and 720 respectively (default) or whatever you want to set those to
golf
Wait a minute.
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post
Things you can try:
2. Open file temp.cfg from you toribash directory in any text editor, change fields width and height to 1280 and 720 respectively (default) or whatever you want to set those to

I checked default.cfg (I don't see temp.cfg) And height+width are correct.
-----
Originally Posted by AssassinPro View Post
Things you can try:

Update: I installed the steam version, and after opening toribashSP, it created temp.cfg!
Last edited by TehBoi567; Jan 28, 2023 at 10:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
@TehBoi567 you're being directed to look at the wrong files ��

What you need is custom.cfg, located in your Saved Games folder. Full path looks something like C:/Users/your-windows-account-name/Saved Games/Toribash.
You can either just delete that file (if you haven't yet modified default.cfg from Toribash installation folder) and have the game regenerate it with the initial settings or open it with any text editor (e.g. Notepad) and modify "height" and "width" values.

temp.cfg file is not being used by the game for anything other than storing temporary changes during your active sessions and any changes from it will not be used during game startup.
Attached Thumbnails
explorer_2023-01-29_10-37-46.png  
Last edited by sir; Jan 29, 2023 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added screenshot
okay, it started crashing again, but only after I tried using the 5.60 alpha.
when I reselected "betas > none", it kept crashing.
(note: Toribashsp.exe still works for some reason)
-----
nevermind, deleting custom.cfg fixed it for me.
Last edited by TehBoi567; Feb 25, 2023 at 10:42 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump