Ranking
In defence of Itemp
On the 13th of August Itemp was sent an extra 135$ from his USD duels with Deoxer. Before this event, Deoxer sent the wrong amount once again to Itemp, this time less than agreed upon. It is clear Deoxer has little understanding of how the basics of PayPal works and needed to gain a basic understanding before duelling his USD. What Itemp did isn't something any other Human is incapable of doing and it is nothing new therefore Staff did not close the thread made by Deoxer because they are trying to protect Itemp or favourite him. They closed that thread because it was laid out like a scam report. There was not a scam and off-topic is scam-reports.

This community does not tolerate 'theft' and we have Staff members who do everything in their power to punish or fix any issues on it. I may sound insensitive however I believe you think fighting for Deoxer is the right thing to do and is helping the community/staff on this situation however it does nothing at all to the situation and is instead counterproductive. I suggest you bring forth proper points and arguments instead of creating an open questionnaire, which serves no support to the staff members investigating.

If you are interested in wasting your time reading the answers to all of Diamond's questions I will add a spoiler, enjoy.

Answers to all of Diamond's questions

Moving on, I would like to bring forward to the discussion the fact that Deoxer said to Itemp that he did not care for the extra USD he sent. I'm sure how you can see this is problematic right? Deoxer creates a thread stating he wants his money back! Meanwhile, Itemp has been told that the extra money sent by Deoxer is a whatever... In Deoxer's defence, he may have been suffering from some sort of In real-life problems clouding his judgement. We are all human, granted we all make mistakes sometimes and from these mistakes, we learn valuable lessons. Regardless of deoxer's state of well-being, Itemp has every right to take what has been given to him and did so. It is very naive to believe that Itemp had to send back the money. It was optional and Itemp made a decision. If Deoxer doesn't understand how it feels to be punished for making a mistake then, Welcome to the party. Deoxer can either walk off this set-back or keep dwelling on it, his choice. Additionally, you used in your attack on Itemp a definition of what you believe 'constitutes theft'. Wikipedia is in no way a reliable source of information as it's information can be altered. Therefore it's inadmissible and shouldn't even be given a read as it could just be changed to fit your attack against Itemp. If you are feeling bad for being misinformed here is a dictionary definition of theft which can even be googled.

theft - the action or crime of stealing.

Furthermore relating to real-life instances for your argument seems very hypocritical of you, as in your previous ban appeal you seemed to believe real-life laws didn't apply to the Toribash forum laws. A statement correctly said by fudgiebalz pretty much explains it all
"Would like to add how you were all "innocent until proven guilty" on your thread, but here you've just assumed iTemp to be guilty given the same level of testimony." I believe this thread is just pointless and if you would like to give unhealthy and useless criticism of staff do it in staff complaints and not here.

I also think you should commit this statement from Grohenbird to memory as I 100% believe it is true
"If you want a solution, petition staff to support USD duels and set guidelines on expected practice. Do not sit here and defend a practice that isn't supported by the official staff of the game just because it helps fit your narrative of someone you dislike being a bad person. This public witch hunt isn't going to solve anything and just makes you look petty."

Since you love time-wasting open questionnaires why don't you answer mine?

if this situation put deoxer in such a terrible financial situation, were his actions intelligent or responsible?
Everyone was given the ability to make decisions. Why should Itemp's decision to keep unwanted money be labelled a crime.?
You are 100% certain all of your clanmates including yourself have never once taken advantage of another person in this community? (even when there is concrete evidence you have)
You speak of Itemp as some sort of menace due to past experience, are you sure you would have kept this moral high ground if the roles where reversed?
You seem keen to see Itemp punished without properly understanding the situation from both perspectives, do you believe you are the best person to defend Deoxer without being biased?
In a world where all the rules of the earth applied to every single game forum, do you believe you are the cleanest player on toribash?

Proof :
Image of Deoxer showing he didn't care about the extra 135$

The transactions of past USD duels between Deoxer and Itemp before the 135$ was sent

Last edited by Shield; Aug 17, 2020 at 11:12 PM.
After reading what happened , the person sent more money accidently common sense send the money back and don't be a dick head, itemp acts confused saying he didn't log into the acount and send the money so its not theft but itemp he sent more money accidently you have knowledge about it and he is requesting it back yet you didn't, so you just stole the man and start rambling about how he didn't react and so, like how would that change someones view about this stop being cold blooded do us a favor send the extra money back to its owner, also can't deoxer talk to PayPal and do a report?Also I'm saying this just based on what happened I'm not friends with deoxer or itemp but tbh if let's say one sent extra money by mistake was prob tired af and wasn't aware what he did until time later why would u be so mean and wicked
Last edited by cutterchop; Aug 17, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Originally Posted by cutterchop View Post
After reading what happened , the person sent more money accidently common sense send the money back and don't be a dick head, itemp acts confused saying he didn't log into the acount and send the money so its not theft but itemp he sent more money accidently you have knowledge about it and he is requesting it back yet you didn't, so you just stole the man and start rambling about how he didn't react and so, like how would that change someones view about this stop being cold blooded do us a favor send the extra money back to its owner, also can't deoxer talk to PayPal and do a report?Also I'm saying this just based on what happened I'm not friends with deoxer or itemp but tbh if let's say one sent extra money by mistake was prob tired af and wasn't aware what he did until time later why would u be so mean and wicked

Would've been nice if this had any punctuation in it so I could actually read what you're saying in a timely manner.

Common sense is checking to make sure you are sending an appropriate amount of money when you are sending someone money. Common sense therefore would cancel out and mean that nothing here matters, which is accurate, because none of this should matter. It's a smear campaign to paint iTemp in a poor light in hopes that he'll get banned so Alpha has even a remote chance at CL.

If deoxer could actually chargeback the money, he would have, but as there is no wrongdoing on the side of iTemp, he will not receive compensation. PayPal does not chargeback accidents. By law, there is nothing wrong that occurred here. The only thing hurting right now is deoxer's feelings.
I think I might be retired.
Fudgiebalz:

Shit:

Grohenbird:

Shield:

In the end, you guys did a genuinely good job defending itemp. To me, it shows your willingness to tolerate the excessive toxicity that is present in this community. I see it like this: those of you who are dueling do not challenge a scummy person for their actions for fear of backlash from them and their friends or simply for fear of being laughed at. So instead, you adopt the same behavior, because if you're playing fair and acting polite, you're at a huge disadvantage against a scummy person. By accepting such behavior in others or adopting it yourself, you are contributing to the dueling community becoming even worse than it is now. Of course, it's only my opinion, but this is what the thread is actually about.

Levi said “I’ve seen some scummy shit on this game” and proceeded to mock Deoxer in game. You create this environment, you choose to treat each other like this.
Last edited by Diamond; Aug 18, 2020 at 07:35 AM.
If you think making a light hearted joke towards someone's mistake is considered scummy in this game, then you clearly haven't seen a lot.

Also to point out: I do not think what itemp did was right, obviously if someone did that to me I would be extremely upset as well. I was only posting because I thought your true intentions were to try and get itemp banned, which I was trying to make a case that toribash doesn't support usd duels and even the little punishment he received was ridiculous and maybe shows how much influence you have over the staff's opinion possibly because of your legend title. However based on your recent post, you've shown me that it wasn't your true intention and all you wanted was for people to admit what itemp did was really bad. Well here you go, yes, it was really bad.

At the end of the day, if I hurt Deoxer's feelings, I apologize, that wasn't my intention. I assumed my joke was light hearted enough for Deoxer to get a little chuckle out of it, but clearly the opposite occurred.
I like ya cut g.

Last edited by Shmevin; Aug 18, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
man I don't know diamond itemp or deox a single bit nor that they have legend status nothing I just saw what happened and its clear as day, the ban is the least of the things that I care about, all I care about is the man's money is back to its rightful owner. stop bringing up random topics and not actually progressing and helping in the matter all your doing is getting more attention here and hate, also since deox sent the money by mistake and is asking them back now, and itemp haves knowledge about it all then he is the one lacking common sense deox asked for the money back after he did a mistake something that will happen to anyone and is not to be compared to what itemp is doing.

So with Shield’s post there is proof of deoxer actually sending the $150 and not getting the $135 back and i assume deoxer messaged itemp after acting like he didn’t care about the extra $135 for some reason which doesnt help his case really.

I imagine when deoxer messaged Itemp after the duel itemp just said “LOL YOU SAID YOU DIDNT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY” and already spent it on some mcdonalds.

hahahahahahahahaha wtf deeper into the rabbit hole we go

itemps an asshole and deox is dumb is what im getting out of this thread

even if there is proof that deox didnt care about the money that right there is proof that itemp chose not to be a good samaritan and send the extra $135 back. thats a dick move regardless of how hard you guys want to defend him

and im just being neutral here
I don't understand why you insist on twisting this as us defending iTemp's actions.
The closure of the thread was a protection of iTemp as a user and not a defense of what they allegedly did.

That is also the reason the thread wasn't outright deleted. It wasn't an attempt to cover up what iTemp did, but an attempt to stop you (and the wider community) from dogpiling on them.

I will monitor this thread and if it devolves too much into what I just stated (plain abuse towards iTemp), it will be closed and posts deleted/infracted if needed.

also:

Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Some people have taken my previous post to be some kind of defense of iTemp. This is inaccurate. The staff is investigating the situation, and we will take actions as we see appropriate from the evidence available to us. We do understand that this is a serious matter, but also not one that needs this thread to be open. If you have evidence related to this case that you feel would clarify it, please consider forwarding it to me, Chirs, or any member of the Market Squad.

Last edited by Chirs; Aug 18, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
Voluntarily =/= by mistake. It’s like saying that somebody “voluntarily” drops their wallet.
I know that there is no chance of itemp getting punished for it, which is one of the reasons that I want to bring it to attention.

just want to highlight this quote from diamond because you dont mistakenly drop your wallet and then act like you dont care after the fact. thats a clear as day opening for a “thief” to steal it and not feel bad about it.

that part was weird to me but in any case if his money was stolen and he wants his own money back, he should get it back. no one deserves to get their money taken from them.