Toribash
Original Post
New ELO System
The old post didn't have a direction, so I updated the post with some sample calculations at the bottom.

Old Post

I wanted to suggest that victories against opponents of the same tier should give the players the most points towards leveling up, whereas defeating players who are different ranks should decrease the reward earned substantially for each rank distant the player is.

This is because I lost against a low rank player and I had to win at least 5 games just to gain back what I've lost.

Let me show a few examples instead; Not FULLY thought of, but just an example.

Equal Tier Point Calculations
Going against players of the same tier
- Gold 2 winning against Gold 2 : +1.9 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Gold 2: -1.7 ELO

+1 / -1 Tier Point Calculations
Going against players + 1 tier away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Gold 1 : +1.2 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Gold 1: -0.85 ELO

Going against players - 1 tier away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Gold 3 : +1.1 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Gold 3: -1.2 ELO

+2 / -2 Tier Point Calculations
Going against players +2 tiers away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Platinum 3 : +0.55 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Platinum 3: -0.35 ELO

Going against players -2 tiers away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Silver 1 : +0.4 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Silver 1: -0.6 ELO

+3 and above / -3 and below Tier Point Calculations
Going against players +3 tiers away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Platinum 2 : +0.08 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Platinum 2: -0.04 ELO

Going against players -3 tiers away from you
- Gold 2 winning against Silver 2 : +0.05 ELO
- Gold 2 losing against Silver 2: -0.09 ELO
Last edited by Karstnator; Mar 14, 2022 at 10:26 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
It really shouldn't be this complicated. i don't see why you cant have it so, if you win you get plus +1 if you lose -1. like you just made it awkward, especially with the cycling of mods losing in a shit mod like boxshu then having to play more to makeup for it is a scam.

What does ELO even stand for and why is it so more complex than it needs to be.
-----
People will read what i said and be like "wHy iS hE SO bUtT hUrT"

Cuz i pushed for u guys to bring back the old in game ranks and u give us this crap just waste of time I actually play less no cuz of this season 7 stuff just boring.
Last edited by MaryJane; Mar 15, 2022 at 04:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
MaryJane Good Fuh Yuh Soul, Like Toothpaste Good Fur Yuh Teet

Here is the simple explanation of ELO;ELO Explained (no math)

The performance in the ELO system, as with the Harkness system, is not measured in absolute terms. It is inferred from wins, losses, and draws against other players. Players’ ratings depend on the ratings of their opponents and the results scored against them.
After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one, and the number of points is determined by the difference in the 2 player’s rating.
  • If the higher-rated player wins, a few points are taken from the lower-rated player.
  • If the lower-rated player wins, a lot of points are taken from the higher-rated player.
  • If it’s a draw, the lower-rated player gains a few points from the higher rated player.
this is from https://medium.com/purple-theory/wha...g-c4eb7a9061e0

basically elo works as intended and how it should work, so the easier solution is to have elo locked rooms so higher ranked players only play other people with higher ranks etc, instead of having to change the whole ranking system and that is also how ranked has worked in tb in the past, Lets say back in 2014 etc you had global rank and mod ranks in every server you joined elo worked the same then as it does in this ranked season.

TLDR It would be easier to have elo locked rooms than change the whole ranking system.

Also there has been elo locked rooms in the past.
Last edited by Lamby; Mar 15, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
[Parrot], [Alpha], [Parrot], [WAPOW]
[NOoT], [TL] and [TA]
Clan League 2016 2nd place holder.
Clan League 2017 1st place holder.