Ranking
View Poll Results: Is Aikido a 'luck' Mod?
Yes
8 Votes / 8.51%
No
86 Votes / 91.49%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Aikido = Luck?
So. Here's the story, Me, Mrama, Ele, and Romanovsky... All got into this huge rant about Aikido being a lucky mod. (Mostly Ele vs. Romanovsky Rampage)

<Ele>: "It's 90% skill"

<Romanovsky>: "I'ts simply whomever touches outside the line first"

<Ele>: Wushu requires less skill than Aikido. That's my hypothesis.

It was a pretty heated discussion.

So, i bring this question to you:

"Is Aikido really a 'luck' mod?"
Last edited by lel; Nov 14, 2009 at 08:37 AM.
Clanless
I do not beleave aikido is luck, i do beleave it takes skill, so does wushu...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Jarmund>puta keppario
Cogito ergo sum
Ex-Tori Agent | OBT Member | [Reaper] | A.k.a. void/prada
Uhh...
Uhh, actually I never said that, I said 'It is, simply, Whomever touches outside the line first.' and I was making an exaggerated joke, but whatever.

Yes I believe Aikido is a mostly-luck mod, and that Wushu requires 30x more skill than Aikido.
Originally Posted by doxsez View Post
I do not beleave aikido is luck, i do beleave it takes skill, so does wushu...

In your opinon, which mod do you thinks requires MORE skill?

Uhh, actually I never said that, I said 'It is, simply, Whomever touches outside the line first.' and I was making an exaggerated joke, but whatever.

Yes I believe Aikido is a mostly-luck mod, and that Wushu requires 30x more skill than Aikido.

The quote in the first post, has been updated.
Last edited by lel; Nov 14, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
Clanless
If you don't like luck, quit toribash and start playing chess or something.

Pretty much every gamemode is very luck-based, IMO. Players like NutHug show that it's possible to make the best out of it and learn how to higher your chances of winning by a big percentage, though.
♠NO♠
Originally Posted by lel View Post
In your opinon, which mod do you thinks requires MORE skill?

The quote in the first post, has been updated.

I voted and i beleave aikido is not luck but i think wushu takes a lil more skill becuase you have to learn how to move your tori from one spot to another with a large distince. In aikido you are almost touching at start, but yet it takes skill to guide your oppoint out of the ring or to the floor somthing most wushu players have trouble doing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<Jarmund>puta keppario
Cogito ergo sum
Ex-Tori Agent | OBT Member | [Reaper] | A.k.a. void/prada
Hell no. Other than shovelling it requires skill. Openers (the majority) in aikido don't really count for a lot unless your plan is to shovel your opponent. Openers in wushu are always almost 2 turn/3 turn moves that determine the rest of the game.

I'm not an idiot and I obviously know that there are exceptions. In wushu, talented players are able to make comebacks. The fact remains though that in wushu openers affect the gameplay more than in aikido.

Wushu does require skill. I'm not denying that. But, aikido requires more skill.

EDIT:
Galrath, thats great that you think every mod is luck based, but in your opinion which mod requires more luck, Aikido or Wushu?
Originally Posted by doxsez View Post
I voted and i beleave aikido is not luck but i think wushu takes a lil more skill becuase you have to learn how to move your tori from one spot to another with a large distince. In aikido you are almost touching at start, but yet it takes skill to guide your oppoint out of the ring or to the floor somthing most wushu players have trouble doing.

You do the same, with almost every other mod, aikidos difference is:

-30.00 Gravity

Slightly small dojo

Higher DM

Grab

Shifting your Opponent

Wushu has more to with flinging yourself and hoping you hit. (in some matches)
Clanless
you are stupid. aikido=skill. mods like judo are more luck because of easy dismemberment
RAWR xTeam Sambo
Originally Posted by borgpunx View Post
you are stupid. aikido=skill. mods like judo are more luck because of easy dismemberment

I do hope this is not directed to me. I am only posting to settle this petty argument.

I'm glad you put some input in, I'm on the Aikido = Skill side.
Clanless