Toribash
View Poll Results: Is Aikido a 'luck' Mod?
Yes
8 Votes / 8.51%
No
86 Votes / 91.49%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Definitely requires more skill.
You have to survive under higher pressure from gravity, and always try to be staying inside the dojo.
The only luck based part, is finding a person who isn't a complete noob and shovels.
Back in my day...
I defiently don't think it's a lucky mod, its a very skillfull mod, as you are in a very small square, and you would have to use good tactics to reverse moves, and get the better of your opponent, without getting removed from the square, which can be very hard, so i do not think it is a lucky mod.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[BISH] | [TRG] | [Clanless] | [LLAMA] | [WL] | [SS]
.:: Azir Signature And Avvy Shop::.
Shook Made Dis ^]
Originally Posted by AlexOwnz View Post
Definitely requires more skill.
You have to survive under higher pressure from gravity, and always try to be staying inside the dojo.
The only luck based part, is finding a person who isn't a complete noob and shovels.

Thanks for the input, I'm pretty sure we've defeated Romanovsky on this subject.

Originally Posted by dinis1998 View Post
no! neva

What are you talking about? What is this? I dont even?
Clanless
I think he means Aikido is never luck, or he might be replying to my comment on it requires skill, i guess we will never know...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[BISH] | [TRG] | [Clanless] | [LLAMA] | [WL] | [SS]
.:: Azir Signature And Avvy Shop::.
Shook Made Dis ^]
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Hell no. Other than shovelling it requires skill. Openers (the majority) in aikido don't really count for a lot unless your plan is to shovel your opponent. Openers in wushu are always almost 2 turn/3 turn moves that determine the rest of the game.

I'm not an idiot and I obviously know that there are exceptions. In wushu, talented players are able to make comebacks. The fact remains though that in wushu openers affect the gameplay more than in aikido.

Wushu does require skill. I'm not denying that. But, aikido requires more skill.

EDIT:
Galrath, thats great that you think every mod is luck based, but in your opinion which mod requires more luck, Aikido or Wushu?

.......Wushu played at a high level of competence isn't an opener based mod. Now when I see the same black belt to 5th dan idiots spamming the same sweep kick to decide whos the victor, you are right. But watch REAL wushu players play against each other. There is a large misconception that people say that wushu is all luck and opener based. It's entirely bull. Wushu requires just as much skill as aikido. The difference is it's a different type of skill. Wushu requires more preemptive fighting involving dodging, and planning attacks, rather than aikido which is less preemptive and more "ok, this happened, so I have to do this".
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
i think that for aikido you need skills and know how to play in thos mod, otherwise you'll lose.
lol wut
i think that it all matters on your skill and your opponents skill. If your both noobs than most of the time it is luck but the higher up you get the more skill that your have to incorperate to each blow or your basically doomed to single player.