ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
"Thank you" Button
What do you guys think about a "Thank you" button? Most of the forums I'm in have it, so I thought I could suggest it here as well.

I think this simple feature would add some interesting dynamics. People would be motivated to post usefull stuff to "collect" thank you's, for instance. It would also help avoiding "Thank you" spam posts.

I realize that there are more important issues for the dev's to deal with, but I wanted to post the idea anyway.
Last edited by bigGrin; Dec 1, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
“War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.” - Winston Churchill
There was a reason behind why it was removed in first place (rep farming). Forum devs will double think before implementing such feature again. Rep system doesn't work as good as it should in a community of youngfags.
Too mainstream. Not very useful.

Originally Posted by Beta View Post
I totally got this idea to be supported ;).

Wow.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
We had stuff like that, it was removed due to people "rep farming".

Oh, didn't know that. Should have checked that.
I don't really suppot to reduce the function for V.I.P. members, though. Better drop it than make it something elitist.
“War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.” - Winston Churchill
Originally Posted by Hucota7 View Post
Rep made everything suck. No.

Hmm.. I don't know much about this, but what I see is irrelevance.

What I meant was, this is quite irrelevant.

MineCraft Aether!!!
A feature to add to the forum.
Hey guys sorry to bother you. I am an xbox live user and i am also an active member on the XboxMB forums. And on their forum they have a feature that lets you "thank a post". Basically at the bottom of each post/reply there is a button you can click to show thanks. It prevents useless posts like "Good job, Thanks, Nice" etc etc.. If you implement this on the TB Forums then that would bring useless posts down a bit. Thanks for reading and have a good day.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
We had a rep system before but it was removed for some reason, I like this idea since people can give a rating for the posts but then again people can do stupid shit with the system.

Rep was removed because (as always) the users abused it. It's been turned on & off several times, each time users fuck it up for themselves.

In the long run it's nothing more than epeen stuff that doesn't "add" anything, much like post counts.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Welp, thanks for reading anyways guys. I didn't know about a previous rep system.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie