Ranking
I can't really do anything anymore. All the layers got merged into one. I'm going to be honest though, I thought it was pretty different from all the other heads. I was really hoping to put a lot of effort into the head, it's not that I like emo heads or anything it's just that they sell.
Last edited by tarektarek; Aug 8, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
wtf, nice wip, you better add a sad eye, like a balck eye... or something like that
Seniman Elektronik Indonesia | GATA
Got any questions ? Throw me a PM or just mention @toriabiz on Twitter
I think I should help explain it more.
When I say no eyes, I'm meaning more like the hair is a fringe, and the rest of the showing face is relevant to the TF2 Soldier.

As for the layer problem, can you read .psd ?
If so, I can re-make the layers for you. I don't mind because I'd like to see this finished.
"Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork."
I'd go for no face at all, do details everywhere but the face, not something you see every day, but then again I value art by both look and inventiveness, as for how to achieve that you could go for similar styling in the fringe as the rest of the hair, as well as small hair decorations such as http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x-xM7dXtTh...+feather_2.jpg . I'd also try the glasses without the eyes still, and clear frames to show off the no face. Lastly you need to distinguish the elements with some simplistic shading, the hair should cast shadows on both it's self and the face, you could go for vector shadows or blurred Gaussian shadows.

[EDIT]:
You could also put some wrinkles into the skin, similar to where they should be on a human, so above the nose, the forehead, the cheeks, under the eyes.
Last edited by Vox; Aug 8, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
Originally Posted by tarektarek View Post
I can't really do anything anymore. All the layers got merged into one. I'm going to be honest though, I thought it was pretty different from all the other heads. I was really hoping to put a lot of effort into the head, it's not that I like emo heads or anything it's just that they sell.

I think that this head will sell well.
Since it's being common, a lot of emo head buyers would like that style head, but a good person making it.

I'm not saying that the hair is bad or anything at all, it looks great, but really common these days.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
I think I should help explain it more.
When I say no eyes, I'm meaning more like the hair is a fringe, and the rest of the showing face is relevant to the TF2 Soldier.

I actually never considered giving the head a blank expression. I thought it needed an expression of some sort.

Originally Posted by Monobi View Post
As for the layer problem, can you read .psd ?
If so, I can re-make the layers for you. I don't mind because I'd like to see this finished.

Yup, sent you a PM with the head.

Originally Posted by Vox View Post
I'd go for no face at all

I actually thought that would work, too.

do details everywhere but the face

So I should add details to the hair.

as for how to achieve that you could go for similar styling in the fringe as the rest of the hair, as well as small hair decorations such as ...

Kudos, I actually never thought of adding accessories to the hair :o.

I'd also try the glasses without the eyes still, and clear frames to show off the no face

I've already tried that, the glasses didn't look good at all.

Lastly you need to distinguish the elements with some simplistic shading, the hair should cast shadows on both it's self and the face, you could go for vector shadows or blurred Gaussian shadows.

I'm going for vector shadows.

You could also put some wrinkles into the skin, similar to where they should be on a human, so above the nose, the forehead, the cheeks, under the eyes.

So all the details of a face, minus the actual face?
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.