ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Action Figures
Hey guys, was in school, and couldn't get Toribash Action Figures off my mind, I know one has been made before in around '09 but wasn't available for commercial sale or something like that..
I saw the pics of it and it did look really cool, what I was thinking, was why not bring them back? It'll increase the population of TB and it'll be really fun to play with if you're away from your computer, whether it's playing around however you want, or designing moves to try in-game, you'll always have TB with you.
I was thinking of if they get made, they can come with a special code that unlocks something on toribash, whether it's a few thousand TC or a full set of item textures, or maybe even an achievement..
Another idea relating to this, was, what if you incorporate some of the main staff members with their full texture sets for a slightly higher price?
Last edited by Butler; Aug 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
Yeah figured. I got the email as well. The standee figure in the "Jesus pose" works though.

I had the same problem with the other printing house I talked to. The custom joints are too thin.

There is another way and involves revoltech joints. If anyone is familiar with those, I'd like to ask some questions.
-----
model should be updated now

Revoltech joints could work, plus that would allow a greater possibility for variation in colours etc.

Also, should I try ordering one again? Or will it still reject printing it?
Let Satan guide you
Yeah. It didn't complain when I reuploaded. The sprue wires are thicker now
Instead of a plastic typed figure why not use a metallic multi-piece based one and use magnets to piece the figure together?
The magnets may not be strong to with stand 'play' if you like. Whilst they would be perfectly suitable for just poses and stop motion, if a person were to play too vigorously with a magnetic based joint figure, it'll most likely come apart alot.

Also, production of a metal based figure would be hella expensive.
Let Satan guide you
Sigh.

Had another production mishap. The first one was with the sprue, now its with the actual joints themselves. Quite a few suggested reworking them as balljoints, but those don't have the same range of motion of tori.

I'm going to have to abandon the current jointed tori design and start again.

On the plus side: there is http://www.shapeways.com/model/605131/hres.html

It's not posable, but it does come in Pure, Marine, Aqua, Elf, Hot Pink and Demon. And it stands up, which is nice.

If you do decide to paint it, the plastic it's made in sucks up paint like no tomorrow and it color bleeds, so coat them in primer first.
-----
P.S.: I'm very sorry to the person who inadvertently became my guinea pig for this experiment. I hope they didn't charge your credit card yet (I assume it's Satan)
-----
P.P.S: You CAN make metal-ish figures with Alumide. It's plastic with aluminum powder mixed in. The effect is like raw cast aluminum. You can sand it to make it shiny, but in the end it's still mostly plastic and not magnetic.
Last edited by avwave; Feb 21, 2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sigh.

Had another production mishap. The first one was with the sprue, now its with the actual joints themselves. Quite a few suggested reworking them as balljoints, but those don't have the same range of motion of tori.

I'm going to have to abandon the current jointed tori design and start again.

On the plus side: there is http://www.shapeways.com/model/605131/hres.html

It's not posable, but it does come in Pure, Marine, Aqua, Elf, Hot Pink and Demon. And it stands up, which is nice.

If you do decide to paint it, the plastic it's made in sucks up paint like no tomorrow and it color bleeds, so coat them in primer first.
-----
P.S.: I'm very sorry to the person who inadvertently became my guinea pig for this experiment. I hope they didn't charge your credit card yet (I assume it's Satan)
-----
P.P.S: You CAN make metal-ish figures with Alumide. It's plastic with aluminum powder mixed in. The effect is like raw cast aluminum. You can sand it to make it shiny, but in the end it's still mostly plastic and not magnetic.

Its quite alright, I get refunded everytime it doesn't work so its not like I've paid for 2 and got nothing. I have yet to be charged so its all good.

Perhaps using ball joints with small fixings in certain areas of the ball to prevent any hyperextension?

Either way, if it passes through the sites 'approved' check list, It will still have to undergo actual testing, which may mean many more future versions to come. But until then, one step at a time.
Let Satan guide you
Hmm. Like a ball joint with a ridge to restrict sideways movement?

This requires a lot of drawing
Heh, had an idea, but it would require the user to GLUE the toy together
Heh, had an idea, but it would require the user to GLUE the toy together

I await your news. And So long as its only something like model glue, which is pretty cheap, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I've had an idea of my own, which I shall proceed with aswell. I'll post anything worth noting later on.
Let Satan guide you
Why not make the joints themselves be actual ball joints? Hmmmmm. It would look acceptable, but not perfect