Ranking
Original Post
Opponent's visible ghost.
Just a suggestion good for sparring/parkour/Tricking or something
There is an option in game rule's that allow's you to see the other player's ghost when they click a different joint it would make mod's like Sparring a whole lot more fun.
✡[Vibe]✡
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
Pointless would remove the entire point of the game. If you want to know what the person will do during a spar, just ask them.

Not Supported

It is easier to see their moves than to ask them what they are doing since it won't waste reaction time in typing. Though you can increase reaction time but what might the other be saying like "Im going to kick your head" then you agreed but then when you played the frame he missed due to miscommunication to how he is going to hit you.
This could also add realism in some cases such as getting hit by a punch where you can timing your move to the other player.
~knight zero~
That may be true, but why would hampa and the mods put time into putting a new feature that isn't exactly supported by every one in? Not to mention, if you're sparring and the person misses, that doesn't make a difference. If you know anything about sparring then you would know that it's not about making every hit, it's about making it look nice/realistic.
Also in most cases if their going to punch you, you can tell. If they punch at you it doesn't just happen, in most cases they have to move into a position where they can punch you. They won't punch you when their upside down, if you wanna punch someone cleanly the general idea is to have a good balance, and flow. Unless you're retarded or something I don't understand how you could fail to miss the person winding up their punch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
We have same thoughts though.
But whats bad if its just an option to turn on/off. Maybe useful for sparrers and the like.
Just like the option to edit replays for replay makers though not everyone use it.

Anyway, if there are only lots of sparrers in this game, it might be implemented if possible.
~knight zero~
You don't see to understand what I'm saying. If this was only going to be used for sparring, it's use is wasted. If you understood what I said, you would get that in spars it's not about actually hitting them. If you aim a kick and miss by accident, it makes it look more fluid, realistic and just generally better then if you managed to get every hit and it looks messy. Which replay would you prefer? The replay which is full of clean hits, fluid motions, and realism. Or the replay which is messy because you keep losing your flow since they keep hitting you every single time, I think that sums up, the entire point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
daaah why wont anyone read his post you all just read the title?
what he meant is that this option could be only in sparring parkouring
it would be cool to see his moves and get away from him.
but it would cause more downloading and more lag
INB4 14 days ban
@Dscigs
Yes, it is about flow, realism, and style.
However, I'd rather see a spar with contact hits then sissy dodges and blocks.
Bro, missing a kick won't always lead to "more fluid, realistic and just generally better" looks.
Most of the time, you go off-balance, and your shit-fucked for about 100 frames until you can recover.
People who have sparred for a long time and have understood the things to think about when sparring actually aim where they're going to hit.
Also, about "missing hits" what if the sparrer is leaping over the other, but the head is very close to tapping, and the one who is dodging has suddenly changed something?
Saying "I changed something" most likely wouldn't help the case.
Those who are able to see every little change in movement will lead to easier planning.

BTW, to those of you who are talking about competitive mods such as aikido,
Just a suggestion good for sparring/parkour/Tricking or something

Last edited by Rizex; Jan 5, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
Obviously a lot of people don't spar.

I'd support it being an option that could be toggled in unofficial servers and if it was incompatible with duel mode. And if it didn't cause lag.

Unfortunately, the upload/download of joint states would have a huge stress on both the servers and people with shitty internet. (me)

So, as nice as it'd be for spars and other replays where you're simply aiming for aesthetics, I'd have to say no. The negatives far outweigh the positives.
-----
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
That may be true, but why would hampa and the mods put time into putting a new feature that isn't exactly supported by every one in? Not to mention, if you're sparring and the person misses, that doesn't make a difference. If you know anything about sparring then you would know that it's not about making every hit, it's about making it look nice/realistic.
Also in most cases if their going to punch you, you can tell. If they punch at you it doesn't just happen, in most cases they have to move into a position where they can punch you. They won't punch you when their upside down, if you wanna punch someone cleanly the general idea is to have a good balance, and flow. Unless you're retarded or something I don't understand how you could fail to miss the person winding up their punch.

The degradation of hunters is painfully apparent.
Last edited by Alaistier; Jan 6, 2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump