ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Cant play
When i click on the Toribash icon on my desktop i get a "tb.exe has encountered an error a needs to close." I think i extracted the new SDL.dll right and i overwritted the old 1. Copied the SDL.dll to the stderr.txt file and it still didnt work. Im using windows, what do i do.(ive tried reinstalling but the same thing happened.
You don't copy the sdl.dll to the stderr.txt. You put the sdl.dll in your Toribash folder, overwriting the old one. If the problem persists, then run Toribash again and post the contents of stderr.txt here.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
1. Download this zip file: http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.13-win32.zip
2. Extract it (Read below if you don't know how). This will create a file called sdl.dll .
3. Right click on this file and select copy.
4. Go to the Toribash folder ( CProgram Files\Toribash 3.1 )
5. Paste the file (overwrite the existing file)
6. Start Toribash.
If Toribash still doesn't start, open the file stderr.txt which is in the Toribash folder and paste it's contents here.

How to extract a zip file
Double click on the file. This will show you what files are in this zip file.
One of them is sdl.dll . Drag this file to where you put the zip file.
This will extract this file.
Now continue from step #3.

thats what i did and its still not working
...so, post stderr.txt as I asked you to?
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
its blank

when i pasted the file into it
it was a bunch of jibberish like 100pages long

is this a problem for everyone when they 1st try to play?
Last edited by suomynona; Mar 17, 2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Please do not triple post. Really.
That thing happened to me in late months.

I reinstalled toribash. it doesnt work. Next i cleared all files of toribash and downloaded a new installer. And install now it works.
I don't understand how you copied the file..
Right click the new sdl.dll , select copy.
Go to the Toribash folder, open the edit menu, and select paste.
It should ask you if you want to overwrite.
select yes.
Then start Toribash.

Edit: Did Toribash worked before on your computer or this is the first time you're installing it ?
this is the 1st time.

and btw on post #4 (which is a quote from Stilf who was telling another guy about this same problem) i dont understand what to do when it says "drag this file to where you put the zip file" what is the zip file? Is it in the toribash-3.1 folder?

edit:when i go to the SDL in winrar and right click it, there is no copy option. so what i do is a pull up the toribash folder and drag and drop it from winrar into the folder. It asks if i want to overwrite the other SDL and i select yes. then i click the icon and it opens a new window that is seethrough and loads for about 2 secs and then that microsoft error message appears....
Last edited by Crazypimp2; Mar 17, 2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: lol cause last time i triple posted i got in trouble =P
I see.

Is there anything in stderr.txt ?
Do you know what graphics card you have ?
If you don't, press start > run and type: dxdiag
Then click 'save all information'
This will create a file dxdiag.txt on the desktop.
Please send this file to support AT toribash.com (and include a short description of your problem.

Thanks.