ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How to stay focused while texturing?
I can't seem to finish anything I start, I get off track easily and just trash it and start on something new. Any tips on working on a single texture/set and finishing it?
Last edited by Lucy; May 2, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Just have patience in my opinion, if it doesnt work just clear your mind maybe log off of skype or the things that are disturbing you. Thats usually what I do.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
You have to have inspiration and often it could takes months to finish a set on my part.
Just give it time.
Originally Posted by realmee View Post
Just have patience in my opinion, if it doesnt work just clear your mind maybe log off of skype or the things that are disturbing you. Thats usually what I do.

Originally Posted by Rune View Post
You have to have inspiration and often it could takes months to finish a set on my part.
Just give it time.

Pretty helpful with those, But i've noticed my textures seem better when I have someone screensharing me through skype. Cause i get live feedback, and suggestions.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by sicmo View Post
Pretty helpful with those, But i've noticed my textures seem better when I have someone screensharing me through skype. Cause i get live feedback, and suggestions.

Personally I like doing that too.
Also posting your wips in the art thread can get you some good cnc from the right people.

But yes live cnc is always the best and the most detailed.
How I do it:

1. Choose a theme
2. Draw everything you can possibly think of relating to the theme to accomplish the set/head
3. Music on
4. Go with the flow
5. Feedback from Art thread/Skype pals

Don't expect to finish something immediately after you start it.
Yeah if you stream it and have people give cnc as you work it's much easier to stay focused I think.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
sometime it's good to step away for a while
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Play a video game soundtrack, they're made specially to get some attention to the music while also keeping you focused on the objective instead of having you solely focus on the song itself like most modern songs do.

Like pirateking said, it's also a good idea to take a 15 minute break every hour or so.
Originally Posted by iAwesome View Post
How I do it:

1. Choose a theme
2. Draw everything you can possibly think of relating to the theme to accomplish the set/head
3. Music on
4. Go with the flow
5. Feedback from Art thread/Skype pals

Don't expect to finish something immediately after you start it.

This may help me the most, thanks for all your answers, really appreciated.
|Evil|
I don't exist