Toribash
Original Post
[GOD] The Arena

64 players enter the arena, only one can take home the prize.

With the forging prowess of master ElGodsmith, players will battle in armed combat using personalized weaponry designed by their own imaginations. The key to crushing your opponents is your weapon's design.

Forge your own advantage in the Arena.

BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING (I PROMISE IT'S NOT HARD), ANY QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO ANY RULES OR GUIDELINES SHOULD GO IN THIS THREAD.

Upon entering this event, you will receive 2 object slots as well as 8 joints (connectors) and with these, you will create your first weapon for battle. This is achieved by sending your design through a PM to ElGodsmith. He will forge your steel and you will be prepared for battle.

You will have 5 days to compete with your weapon against your opponent in a first to 3 duel. A custom mod will be made for your duel in each round. This mod will include the weapons for both players and this will be the only mod you may use for your duels. Once the winners are determined, the players who move onto the next round will gain an additional two object slots.

After the 5 days of competition, you will have a 2 day rest period. During this time, you will have the opportunity to redesign, or enhance your weapon using your newly acquired object slots and be matched up against a new opponent for the next week.

BUFFS

Each week there will be different milestones to complete within your duel in order to gain buffs to your weapons. The milestones will change between rest days so be sure to check the thread before competition to see what you must accomplish in order to receive a desired buff. These buffs will only last for one duel (round) and buffs are stackable.

motor -your weapon can use a rotatable joint that spins automatically (good for drills and chainsaws)

bounce - contact with your weapon will cause increased force

dual wielding - you gain the ability to wield two of the same weapon, or 2 different weapons in each hand

grip - you may choose a part of your weapon to be un-grabbable by the opponent

invisibility - your weapon becomes invisible and only you will know what the weapon is and looks like

sabotage - one object randomly stripped from your opponent's weapon

MILESTONES

Must be accomplished with use of your weapon:

fracture at least 1 bodypart in every match (and win) - receive bounce buff

disarm your opponent by dismembering the arm wielding their weapon (and win) - receive dual wielding buff

take less than 10k points of damage in any match (and win) - receive motor buff

do not get hit by the opponents weapon in any match (and win) - receive invisibility buff

dismember your opponent while grabbing them (and win) - receive grip buff

decap and disarm your opponent in at least two matches (and win) - receive sabotage buff

DUEL GUIDELINES

As said above, these are first to 3 duels but here are some guidelines for the following situations:

If a player pings after or on frame 350, it will count as a loss. Any pings before that frame will warrant a rematch.

You must play in the mod assigned to you and your opponent.

Make sure that you and your opponent are on the correct sides using the correct weapons (tori side and uke side). This will be indicated in the filename ie. Mwah vs Smilies2 - mwvssm.tbm - mwah (tori) and smilies2 (uke)

Post your score after completing your duel, and add replays if you complete any milestones.

If there are any discrepancies, make sure you catch them with a screenshot before complaining.

DO NOT complain in this thread, send a PM to mwah if you have any issues.

WEAPON GUIDELINES

Your weapon will not be longer than the length of the tori
You weapon will not be wider than the width of 2x the tori's bicep
Your weapon will not be a gun
If your request is not sent in by the stated time you will be using the same weapon you used in your previous fight
You can pick a different design every time if you'd like
No changes are to be made to the weapon once submitted

REQUEST FORMAT:

Size: Small/Mid/Large
Placement: Left Hand/Right Hand, Upside down/Right side up/Outward(toward opponent)/Backward(away from opponent)/Horizontal(across both hands)
Weapon Type: Mace, Sword, Whip, etc
Description: One or two sentences regarding other specific details for your weapon

[Insert reference picture of your weapon here.]

Send all weapon request PM's to the user: ElGodsmith

Disclaimer: ElGodsmith has complete creative control over your weapon. Your design will be as simple/complicated as the amount of object slots and your weapon request form.

MOD GUIDELINES

For this event, Smilies2 has developed a unique mod to support your arena combat (LINK HERE:The Arena Mod). This mod uses a balance system and customized joints to encourage the use of weapons. Due to these changes to classic toribash gameplay, it's important that participants download this mod and familiarize themselves with it (and maybe test out their modded weaponry).

If you have questions relating to gameplay, strategies or specific mod details, feel free to PM your concerns to Smilies2.

Example weapons

Broadsword
(4 objects, 3 joints)

Staff
(1 objects, 0 joints)

Sledgehammer
(3 objects, 3 joints)

Username:
Gladiator Alias:

EVENT FILLED, SORRY IF YOU WERE LATE

List of Combatants

Week 3 Fights

The God's Visage
Passed down for generations, this pimped out gladiator helm was forged by the very tears of ElGod's wushu victims.

+ the spoils of war adding up to 100,000 TC.

DEADLINE

PARTICIPANTS HAVE UNTIL The End of Day on Friday (the 21st) GMT +0 TO COMPLETE THEIR FIGHTS

modding credits to: smilies2, macsparrow and jisse
banner and item forger credits to: stupinator

Last edited by mWah; Aug 17, 2015 at 08:42 PM.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Username: Karstnator
Gladiator Alias: The Batang Kalye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Username: Desu
Alias: Wealthy Ninja Eagle
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
Username: Moonshake
Alias: Fisherman

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Username: meow
Gladiator Alias: weom ing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
user: hobo
alias: hobo
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Username: Mater5001
Alias: "The Tow Truck"

What very specifically will we use to make the weapons? I am not familiar with tb mod making, so please assist.
I hate all of you.
Originally Posted by Mater5001 View Post
Username: Mater5001
Alias: "The Tow Truck"

What very specifically will we use to make the weapons? I am not familiar with tb mod making, so please assist.

You'll send a PM to ElGodsmith using the weapon request form in the OP. After that, ElGodsmith will make your weapon for you and send it in time for you to practice with it before your duel.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Name:Boogie22
Alias:Cryaotic Killer
Cool PPL list
|shev|pakkun106|DeakManiac |N3kos|horvat17|ZENBOY123|Xao0 the coolest|