Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Occult's Diary
Monday, January 14th, 2023

Today I woke up to the sound of my own laughter, it turns out I was dreaming about Toribash again. I swear this game is taking over my life! I'm pretty sure my cat is starting to play it too, she keeps trying to move her paw in a wacky way and trying to strike a pose.

I spent the whole day trying to "bash" my way to the top of the leaderboard, but all I got was a bunch of bruises and a sore thumb. I even tried to play it at work, but my boss caught me and gave me a stern talking-to about "proper use of company resources." Psh, like he knows what's proper. I should be teaching him some Toribash moves instead!

I even tried to quit cold turkey, but it was like trying to quit coffee, I just couldn't do it. So I decided to set some limits, like only allowing myself to play for a certain amount of time each day and making sure to take breaks to do other things, like staring at the wall or counting the ceiling tiles.

I even reached out to friends and family for support, but they just laughed and said "Welcome to the club, buddy" It turns out, I am not alone in this addiction. They even told me that they are going to stage an intervention, but instead of trying to make me quit Toribash, they're going to make me play it in a group.

I just hope I can regain control of my life before I start dreaming in Toribash moves and trying to bash everything in sight, including my boss.